|f.de jong| haters

Request from pwploq 🫶🏽

Enjoy!

———————

It is over the loud TV blaring throughout the living room that I can notice the sound of an engine that slowly began to get quieter.

It didn't take me too long to realize that it was Frenkie and I knew for sure that he was not going to be in a good mood at the moment since Barça just lost their El Clasico match against Real Madrid a few hours earlier.

I originally planned to go to Frenkie's match, but I woke up this morning with a bit of a temperature and decided that it would be best for me to stay at home and watch the match from home instead.

I hear the front door open, but I stay put on the couch in the living room when I hear footsteps coming towards me.

"Hi, baby..." Just as I was looking behind the couch, I see him standing there with his blonde locks almost brunette, clasped together like little spaghetti strands from the rain and he was just standing there looking almost...lifeless.
"Hi," he mumbles placing his duffel bag on the ground and taking his raincoat off.
I eventually hear footsteps climbing the stairs as he leaves the room without saying another word to me. So far, he seems ok. Normally, I would have known by now just how angry or upset he was. However, so far, it appears that he is fine.

I'm pretty sure he's not feeling great at the moment, so just to make him feel a bit better I figure I'll make him his favourite food, Erwtensoep.

Erwtensoep is a traditional food we have back in the Netherlands, and it's basically a pea soup which is much thicker than how it usually is, and I'll probably put some leftover Frankfurt in the fridge with it.

It didn't take long to make and by the time I was done, Frenkie had come back downstairs presumably from the shower and sat in the living room wrapped up next to our dog Anouk.

I make us both a bowl and bring them into the living room placing them on the coffee table.

"Here, I made your favourite." I put the bowl in front of him and sit down with mine to drink.

Minutes went by and he was glued to his phone, he didn't take his gaze away once and nor did he touch the soup.

"Are you not gonna eat?" I ask breaking the silence between us.

"I'm not hungry..." he mutters under his breath.

"Are you sure Frenkie you really should eat something," I told him placing my empty bowl down.

"FOR ONCE Y/N WILL YOU TAKE THE HINT AND LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" He yells getting up and storming out of the room before I can say anything more.

I just sit there almost in shock, to be honest. Frenkie has never shouted at me like this ever before. I decide to just give him the space he wants for the rest of the evening.

He doesn't come downstairs for hours and I could already tell, this wasn't just about the match, it was something bigger.

Eventually, I conclude that if I'm his girlfriend, I should honestly be there for him and with him to comfort him if he's ever like this, but I guess we rarely have disagreements or arguments about anything and if we do, we get over it in like an hour, but this feels different.

I get up from the comfort of the sofa and walk upstairs into our room to find him sitting up in the bed.

"Hey baby, are you ok now?" I ask sitting beside him.
He doesn't respond, nor does he take his focus away from his phone.
"I don't get what I've done Frenkie," I sigh just wanting to get a reply out of him.
"Nothing!" He raises his voice once again making me jump and he realises my sudden movement. "Nothing- it's just..." he lowers his tone. I can see what he's trying to tell me is something he's finding hard to put into words.

I move to sit beside him so I have a clear view of his phone.

Now this all made sense, Frenkie had been reading these the whole time

"Babe look at me," I turn his head to look at me. "These bastards don't know what they're on about, and you know that. If you were shit, Barcelona wouldn't have signed you. Chances are all these idiots just have nothing better to do, so they do this instead. Who gives a fuck if they want you there or not, they either like you or they don't, and I'm almost certain there are tons of comments from people who think you're amazing and deserve to be there, so quit looking at this sad fuckers comments about you and focus on the good ones." I reassure him and he nods.

"See this is why I fucking fell in love with you," he kisses my head.