|l.yamal| dream debut

Request from we1rdog1rl 🫶🏽
Name: Yorinne Falcoñ
Enjoy!

————————

"That was a great strike Yorinne!" Alexia ran toward me.
"What can I say, I'm a girl of many talents," I sarcastically shrug.
"I think you've made that clear," She chuckles tying her hair up into a neat ponytail. "Anyway, what I came here to say is that I'm pretty sure Xavi wanted to talk with you,"
"Oh really?" I ask with a surprised look on my face.
"Yeah, by the looks of it, it sounded pretty important," She adds.
"Okay, I should probably go then, I'll see you around," I smile heading into the building.

Eventually, I find Xavi's office and I open the door to find Lamine (one of my closest childhood friends) sat down in one of the two chairs facing Xavi. I sat down in the only vacant one left.
"Oh Yorinne, speak of the devil," Xavi chuckles.
I shoot Lamine a confused look and it's clear he doesn't have a clue what's going on either.
"Ok so now that your both here, I can begin to share with you what's going to happen over the course of the next few days." He starts. "We've been watching you two in training for the past few weeks and we've determined that on the 29th of this month you'll both be set to have your debuts for the first team," Xavi tells us.
"But haven't I already had mine?" I question confused.
"Yes for the female team but after discussing with the board, we've decided that we're going to do something that's never been done before, which is a female player making a debut in an all men's team," he announces.
My eyes widen in shock as I comprehend what he's just said.
"No way!" I beam unable to control my excitement.
"Yor that's great!" Lamine smiles.
"Thank you for your time you two, you best be on your way," Xavi says to us almost as if to usher us out.
"Yes thank you so much Xavi, this means so much!" I beam.
"Don't thank me, thank yourself for being so talented," He responds leaning forward in his chair.
"Yeah, thanks Xavi," Lamine says opening the door for me before following me out.

When we got out we both lost our composure and began to jump around in excitement. I mean, Lamine definitely controlled his better than me, but we both saw his debut coming soon because last week he began training with the first team but I wasn't expecting this in a million years.

"Right I'll see you later, I've gotta get back to training," I tell him.
"Yeah same, we'll try see if we can hang out tonight," He suggests.
"Sure, meet me in the parking lot after training," I state.
"Alright," he nods as we share a quick hug.

I head back outside onto the pitch and when I came out I saw my teammates all staring at me.

"What?" I question in confusion.
"Who was that?" Ingrid asks.
"Just a close friend of mine," I reply but it was clear they weren't buying it.
"Friends don't hug each other like that Yorinne," Claudia points out.
"Well...I don't know, I guess we just do," I shrug walking towards a stray ball.
"Anyway what did Xavi want?" Alexia thankfully changes the topic.
"You went to Xavi?" Claudia's eyes open wide in shock.
"Yeah, in a couple days I'm making my debut in the men's team," I announce.
"How's that even possible, are you sure you heard him right?" Lucy says in disbelief.
"Xavi was somehow able to persuade the board to allow me to make a debut in LaLiga," I told them.

I wasn't long before we were back training again but it was the talk of the rest of the session.
It wasn't long before coach decided he wanted to end the session there and thankfully, Lamine and I finished around the same time so we were able to meet at the parking lot.

His mom picked us up, and it wasn't that long of a drive to his.

"So how was training guys?" She breaks the lingering silence in the car.
"Good, Yorrine and I are making our first team debuts on Saturday," Lamine responds.
"But hasn't Yorinne made hers already?" She asks.
"Yeah but it's for the men's team," He states.
"That's amazing Yorinne, they must really see your talent!" She smiles.
"Yeah, I guess so," I chuckle.