|j.felix| surprise!

Me and João have wanted another dog since god knows when. We already have Floki but we just feel like he needs a little sibling to keep him company because he's been getting really bored lately.

I João wants to get a different breed but I want to get another dachshund. Eventually, after heaps of convincing he finally gave in and this meant we'd be getting another dachshund.

——————

I've been looking non stop in search for one that I knew both João and I would like and finally, I found one, and it turned out there was only one puppy left in the litter, so without even asking João (because I already knew he'd love it) I contacted the breeder and we arranged to meet in 3 hours time to collect the puppy.

I still had to sort out out so many things in the space of like 2 hours because it took me like a about a 40 minute drive to where I'd be picking up the puppy.

I chose another male dog because João and I agreed before it makes sense because we can't be asked to deal with periods and also because Floki is also a boy.

I began to clean up the house with Floki following me around most of the time and I redecorated his room so he'd be able to share with his new brother even though he barely spends any time in there.

In fact, he doesn't even sleep in there, he'll either sleep downstairs or in our room.

I decided that I'd go buy his new things before he came because it made more sense.

So I hopped in my car, and drove to Pets At Home.

Once I arrived, I went inside having a brief look at some extra things to pick up for Floki. I got him a couple new toys and some of the dried salmon treats that he loves, but I soon regained my focus to the main purpose as to why I was here.

I picked out a cute little bed for him and brought his collar which was ajustable so I won't have to buy a new one as he gets bigger. I also got a car seat for him because once I'd got everything I was bound running late so I had to go straight from there to pick him up.

On the way I was thinking about different names which we could name him but obviously João has to help me pick but so far I've come up with quite nice ones.

I pulled up onto this farm like place and I was met by the breeder.

"Hiya how are you doing!" I beam unable to control my excitement.
"Hello, do you wanna follow me and I'll come show you him," She lead me into her home where I saw only one puppy left in the crate.
"Ohh he's so tiny!" I smile as I pick him up.
"Loud one he is, so be prepared to have sleepless nights," She chuckles.

I got out the money handing it to her in cash and she then began to inform me about his details and which worming tablet he needed to take and she also gave me a weeks worth of food for him.

"Any names in particular yet?" She asks.
"No I'm probably going to decide with my boyfriend," I told her.
"Well whatever you choose, I'm sure it'll suit him," She flashes a small smile.
"Hopefully," I nod following her back out to my car.
"Well, if any problems you have my number so just call me,"
"Alright no problem." I responded while placing him in his car seat.
"Bye," She waved as I got into the drivers seat turning the engine on.
"See you!"

———————

Once I got home, I saw João's car in the driveway so he was definitely back from training.

I picked up the puppy and just decided to leave the rest of the stuff in the car till later on.

"Babe! I'm home!" I yelled not sure about his whereabouts. Floki came running over to me and began barking at seeing another dog in my arms.
"Finally, I've been sat waiting for you for an hour, where we're you and why is Floki barking, he never barks?" I heard him coming down the stairs.
"Look who I've got!" I was unable to contain my excitement once again for any longer.
"What?" He chuckles turning into the kitchen to see me stood there with a tiny puppy in my hands.
He just froze staring at me for a couple seconds.
"Surprise." I say waiting to see what his next reaction would be.
"Oh my god, y/n," he just stood there with his mouth wide open.
Finally he came over to me and took him out of my arms and began stroking him.
"What are we gonna name him?" He questions.
"What about Angelo?" I suggest trying to keep it cultural.
"Perfect, Angelo it is," he smiles pulling me closer to him so he can give me a light peck.

@y/n.l/n

l/n

Liked by reecejames, brunofernandez, joãofelix and 354,967 othersy/n

y/n.l/n our newest edition to the family🥹

view all 738 comments