A Baby Makes Three

Ponyboy:

""To good to be true! To good to be true!" sang Scarlett's joyful heart as she slipped unobtrusively into the pink- and yellow-draped booth that was to have been the McLure girls'. Actually she was at a party!" Pony read aloud his head resting on your large stomach. You both were laying on the carpet of the nursery in your parents house. Things had been rough at first with both your parents and Darry being upset at your carelessness. But things had worked out and were better now. You were drifting in and out as Pony read your favorite book to you and the baby. Suddenly a sharp pain ripped through your stomach forcing you to sit up and cry out.

"Are you okay?" Pony asked sitting up and grabbing your hand to let you squeeze it. Tears came to your eyes and it was a few minutes before the pain passed. You sat there breathing heavily for a moment before you looked at Pony.

"I think I just had a contraction," you said. Pony swallowed thickly with nervousness in his eyes. The nerves only stayed for a minute before happiness dripped into his eyes. 

"Time to meet her," Pony said before helping you up.

*

"One more big push, (Y/N)," Pony said holding your hand as you cried and screamed. Your hair was a sweaty mess and you were exhausted. Pony brushed some hair out of your eyes and pressed a kiss to your forehead. "Come on, babe. One more and she'll be here. One more push and we'll have our family."

You cried out as you pushed one last time. Suddenly another cry filled the air as the doctor held up your daughter. She was rushed off to be cleaned and checked. You collapsed onto the bed, feeling absolutely exhausted. Pony was smiling with tears in his eyes. He pressed a kiss to your lips.

"I love you so much," He whispered.

"I love you too," you said practically falling asleep right then and there. But than a nurse walked over holding a pink blanket. She handed you the blanket. Your daughter was perfect. She was smiling and cooing. Pony ran a gentle finger over her cheek before pressing a kiss to your head. You were crying now as she wrapped her tiny fingers around Pony's finger.

"She's perfect, (Y/N), absolutely perfect."

Rose Anne Curtis born at 4 a.m. June 23rd.

Dally:

It'd been four months since you left and Dally had spent that entire time drunk or getting drunk. It was easier than remembering that you were gone. He was more reckless and angrier now. He fought at every chance he got. Stole everything in sight. He spent more time in the cooler in those four months than he had ever before. It was miserable. The gang was worried about him. Johnny tried to help him but more and more lately it seemed like a lost cause. Currently he was sleeping on the Curtis's couch, too drunk to be bothered. The rest of the gang was there watching him with worried expressions. The phone rang startling everyone. Darry answered the phone quietly not wanting to wake up Dally.

"I'm looking for Dallas Winston," a women's voice spoke over the phone. She sounded tired and sad.

"Give me a second and I'll grab him," Darry said. He nudged Dally awake. Dally grumbled before waking up and stumbling to the phone.

"What?" He hissed.

"Dallas Winston? Hi, I'm Martha, (Y/N)'s aunt," The women introduced herself. Dallas only grunted. There was a long silence on the phone. "I hate to tell you this over the phone but (Y/N) went into labor last night."