Move Along

A/N: Here's part two of the last chapter. You move on... But does he? 

Ponyboy: Things with the show had been awkward at first and if you didn't have to be around Pony you weren't. It was odd because Pony had gotten so used to you being around. Suddenly there was a whole in his life, and it took him a while to figure it out, but he found that the hole was shaped like you. He missed you. Honestly missed you. But regardless of his feelings opening night had arrived and the show had gone amazing. As you took your final bows the audience gave a standing ovation and Pony couldn't stop himself from clapping as you stepped forward for your bow. After the lights dimmed and the cast filed out into the audience to meet friends and family. Pony all but sprinted through the crowd fully intent on telling you that he'd made a mistake. But he stopped short once he saw you st6anding there. You looked amazing in your costume and Pony wanted so much to grab you and kiss you for real. But it seemed it was too late. Pony felt like puking as he watched Scott, the school's soccer star, hand you a red rose. He smiled at you and you smiled back. He brushed the hair off of your face and leaned in. Pony felt faint as he watched you two lock lips. A single tear escaped before he was bombarded by the gang. As the guys surrounded you Pony forced himself to put on a brave face and act happy. He thought it was the best performance he'd given because they seemed to believe him. On the outside, he was a star but on the inside Pony knew he'd missed the biggest opportunity of his life.

Dallas: It was a party on a Saturday night and Dally was drunk. As he'd been most of the time since you'd split from his bedroom. Dallas was wondering if he would ever see you again. He was pretty sure that his heart had become a black hole that just sucked things in. He took another sip of beer and settled in on the couch to watch the party. He was mostly here for the booze anyway. But then the door opened, and you walked in looking better than ever. Curve hugging jeans and a tight white shirt. Dally missed the taste of that ruby red lipstick on your lips. He was about to get up off the couch and do whatever he had to, to get you to come back. He'd beg if he had to. Anything. You were his one shot at happiness. Dally had screwed up a lot in his life, but he felt that pushing you out of his life was the biggest screw up he'd made. He had to make it right. But before he could even get up Tim Shepard entered right behind you. His hand was tucked into your back pocket and he was glued to you. Dally watched as you two moved farther into the party and grabbed drinks. He watched as you and Tim danced and kissed. Two beers later Dally had enough liquid courage in him to do something about it.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he slurred out as he stumbled up to you.

"Hi Dallas," you said as you leaned back into Tim. He had his arm protectively wrapped around you. "Can I help you?"

"You're beautiful. So, fucking beautiful. Do you know that? I can't believe I let you go. I fucked up, (Y/N)," Dally stuttered out.

"You should probably get lost," Tim growled out.

"Fuck off," Dally snapped. "She's my girl."

"I'm no one's girl I'm my own person," you interjected but it was too late. Dally launched himself at Tim and in the ensuing fight, you were shoved to the ground, landing on your wrist. The yelp you made as you hit the ground was enough to pull Tim out of the fight. As he picked you up Dally could only watch drunkenly as the pair of you made a quick exit. Later when he was puking his guts out and nursing a black eye Dally finally let himself cry. You were really gone now, and Dally wasn't sure how he was supposed to go on.

Darry: The gym was decorated beautifully, and Darry could hardly believe the atmosphere. The theme was under the sea and Darry couldn't help but think that this was the perfect scene. He held a white corsage in his hand and hoped that the neutral color would match your dress. When you'd asked him out Darry had panicked. He rejected you and said some lie about you being his sister. He'd wanted to ask you out but was always too nervous. And now he'd ruined his shot. But hopefully, there was a chance for him to make it right. You were in the center of the dance floor in a blue dress. The corsage matched perfectly. After a deep breath, he started to walk to you. It was time to make things right. Only he didn't make it that far. That deep breath left his lungs and Darry couldn't believe what he was watching. Tommy Hatsfield had his arms around you and you two were staring at each other looking every bit of the lovestruck couple Darry had hoped you two could be. His heart shattered. How could you have moved on? So fast? Maybe he'd been wrong. Maybe you didn't actually like him as much as he thought you did. Before he could embarrass himself though he turned around and hurried out of the gym. Hours later the janitor swept up a white corsage that had been left behind and trampled.