Rescue mission

Percy

I went into Tartarus, again.

Flashback

I was walking, fooling around, suddenly, I found myself in a dark place.

"Where am I?" I wondered out loud.

"Welcome to Tartarus, boy," a menacing voice replied.

"Oh well," I said, despite the pressure of the blackness.

"Wait, you aren't scared?" Tartarus asked.

"Not really," I answered. Suddenly, I felt more presence. Monsters, coming to fight me.

"Diiinnnerrr," an empousai said. So I kinda freaked out and slice her in half which was a wrong move because more monsters came charging at me. But hey, can you blame me? She was freaking me out.

Anyways, after a lot of fighting, I won. I tried finding a way out, until that voice told me there's no way. Until I found Iapetus. He told me if I will bring him to meet his mother, he would free me, to which I agree. Weird, Iapetus isn't like this usually. I dropped it as he was leading me out.

I was played, Iapetus wanted to kill me and his powers doesn't work that well in Tartarus. He charged at me with I quote here 'my powerful piece of wooden club', alright, I might have added powerful and piece of wooden, but that made sense, didn't it? Long story short, I won.

Flashback end

I fell a few metres from Artemis, quietly. She must've been here for a while because I saw a few monsters circling her already.

"Well, what should we do with her, boy?" one asked.

"Let's take away what she preserved most," another replied.

"Her bow?" an idiot asked.

"No, you idiot! Her virginity," number one said.

Then, they started to near Artemis and she started kicking. For a person with no experience in Tartarus, she did well. I mean, normally, you would be so tired and give up. I can tell she's getting tired. For me, I have experience so I knew what to expect.

Just before they started to do a move on her, I took out Riptide and sliced Tommy's aka the first one who spoke, head in half. The others' attention turned to me, we got engaged into a fight with clubs and sword. Funny, monsters in Tartarus tend to use clubs.

Dodge, block, slice, stab or whatever got to my mind. Instincts. Anyways, it worked and I defeated them.

"Hey Arty, how you doing?" I asked.

"Tired. How are you here?" she asked.

"I jumped into the portal," I said, shrugging.

"Thanks. They could really do serious trouble, good thing you got here before they could, you know," she said, making a face.

"Let's get out of here," I told her laughing.

"How are you not tired? You still have the heart to laugh," Artemis said.

"Been here before, know what to expect," I told her and we entered into awkward silence while I tried to find the gems.

"Come'eer Arty," I yelled. She walked over gingerly. I found the diamonds which I might've stole from Mitsuru. I'm a usual visitor, I've been here a few times because apparently Tartarus is a jokester, except his attacks are directed to me.

"Hold onto these," I told her. She held on and we got teleported to Olympus.

"I'm so glad you are alright," Apollo said, hugging Artemis. "You too, bro," he said, fist-bumming me. I had no idea and we were just transitioning from high-five and fist bump cus we have no idea what to do. Artemis facepalmed beside us.