Chapter one, the shelter.

(Y/n POV)

We could hear the alarm going off outside. I had my clothes on and ready to go, until Susan ran in Lucy and my room. 'Lucy! Lucy, come on!' She yelled to her younger sister. 'I'll take her! Go, take the others to the shelter!' I said back to Susan. She nodded and ran out of the room. I looked at Lucy, still in bed, scared and frozen, she didn't move. 'Lucy come on! we have to go!' still she just cried. 'Just hold on to me Lucy, it's going to be okay.' I said comforting her as I lifted her off her bed, and put her on my hip. I ran as fast as I could with Lucy in my arms downstairs. A bomb that dropped close by, shattered the windows. I tried to cover Lucy with myself, I was barely hit, and Lucy was all right. I saw Peter, Edmund and their mother walking outside. 'Y/n! Come on!' yelled Susan to me, she was by the door, ready to go outside. I ran together with Susan outside to the shelter. As we were in, I gave Lucy to Helen, hoping her mother would comfort her. As I was about to sit down, Edmund got up, 'I forgot the picture!' he said, he stood up. 'Edmund, don't!' Susan cried to her brother. But it had no use, he was already opening the door, before anyone could stop him. I stood up immediately. 'Y/n, stay here!' Peter said to me, but I just responded with 'It's not safe alone!' to him, and ran after my friend. As I came into the house to look for Edmund, a bomb exploded nearby, glass went everywhere. I could hear Edmund grunt as I heard something drop to the ground, Edmund. I ran towards where I heard him, and saw him lying on the ground. 'Come on!' I said, giving my hand to him, he took it and stood up immediately. I grabbed his hand and yanked him with me, in the other hand the picture of his dad. As we ran through the house, trying to make our way to the backyard, we ran into Peter. He grabbed my hand, and yanked us both with him, easily. We all ran as fast as we could back to the shelter. He pushed us in and went in after us. 'How could you go back for a picture?' he yelled at his brother, upset. 'And you, don't go after him the next time, you could have both been killed!' he said to me now. He closed the door with a bang, now it was dark. No one said a word, we just listened to what was happening outside. We could still hear the alarm, and bombs going off just outside the shelter. The only thing we heard was the soft crying of Lucy, and her mother shushing her. I sat next to Susan. She was upset as well, but wouldn't let anyone notice, so I tried to grab her hand for comfort. When I found it, she took it, she let go after a minute, and just hugged me, I could hear her breath shake. I placed my hand on her back, and the other one on her head, going with my fingers through her hair. After a while, she fell asleep, as did Lucy. I laid her down and put a blanket over her. I went to lay on the ground, next to the small bed. As i layed down, I could feel I was not the only one lying there. Edmund was right next to me. We layed next to each other, with our hands intertwined, also anxious, because of what was happening outside.