Chapter three, meeting Tumnus.

(Lucy's POV)

I looked with big eyes as a forest appeared in the back of the wardrobe, I couldn't believe it. I looked at Y/n, who couldn't believe it either, she had a look of pure shock and amazement on her face. I grabbed Y/n's hand, as I started to walk further into the woods. There was a lamppost right in the middle of the woods, weird, but also quite beautiful, it felt like it belonged there. Y/n walked up to the lamppost with me, and started touching it. But we heard a rustle close to us. It sounded like footsteps, Y/n came closer to me, looking back at me, to check if I was still there. Then, we came face to face with someone. I screamed and Y/n pushed me behind her, as the creature in front of us screamed too. Y/n walked closer to the creature and started grabbing the packages that he let go off when he saw us. I started helping her while the creature came from behind the tree slowly. I gave one back, as Y/n was holding the others. 'Were you hiding from us?' I asked. 'No.. I just.. I..No, no.. I didn't want to scare you two.' he said, while Y/n handed him the rest of his packages. 'If you don't mind my asking... What are you?' I asked, I noticed Y/n coming closer again to me, and stepping slightly in front of me. 'Well, I'm a faun.' the faun answered. 'What about you? You must be some kind of beardless dwarf?' the faun asked me. Y/n chuckled at his comment, 'She's not a dwarf.' Y/n said, 'I'm a girl.' I said with a smile. He looks with wide eyes to us. 'You mean to say that you're a Daughter of Eve?' he asked us. 'Well, my mum's name is Helen.'I answered, Y/n chuckled at my comment, 'Yes, we're human.' she answered, so that's what he meant. He asked us what we were doing here, and had a nice conversation about it. He said we were in Narnia, it was a beautiful land.

(Your POV)

'My name is Tumnus'. The faun spoke. 'Pleased to meet you Mr Tumnus' Lucy and i said. 'I'm Lucy Pevensie, and this is y/n l/n.' she said, holding out her hand. Mr Tumnus looked confused. 'Oh, you shake it.' I said. 'Why?' asked Mr Tumnus. 'I.. I don't know.' Lucy started. 'People do it when you meet each other' Lucy said. Mr Tumnus shook her hand, rather special. We all chuckled, it was a good moment. 'Well, then, Lucy and y/n, from the shining city of War Drobe in the wondrous land of Spare Oom, how would it be if you two came and had tea with me?' he asked. 'Well, thank you very much, but i.. We probably should be getting back.' Lucy said disappointedly. 'It's only just around the corner. And there'll be a glorious fire with toast and cakes. And, perhaps, we'll even break into the sardines.' Mr tumnus said the last sentence mostly to me. 'I don't know..' I said. 'Come on. It's not every day that I get to make new friends.' he said. Lucy looked at me with big eyes. 'Well, I suppose we could come for a little while,' I said with a smile. Lucy hugged me and Mr Tumnus looked at me grateful. 'If you have sardines' I finished. 'By the bucket load' Mr tumnus replied with a smile. We started to walk towards his house, Lucy was holding Mr Tumnus his arm and with the other hand she was holding mine. We walked trough the forest, it was beautiful. There was snow everywhere, everything was covered with a white layer, it made everything so bright. As we walked up a small hill, we saw a door. 'Well, here we are.' Mr Tumnsun says with a smile, this was his home. We walked into a cosy room, with a fire and a lot of books. Mr Tumnus told us they haven't had Christmas in a hundred years. 'What? No presents for a hundred years?' Lucy asked, shocked. 'Always winter, never Chtistmas.' Mr Tumnus replied. 'But you would've loved Narnia in the summer.' he said, 'We fauns danced with the dryads all night, and, you know, we never got tired. And music, oh, such music!' he said with a smile. 'Would you like to hear some now?' he asked us. 'Oh, yes please!' I say with a smile.'Now are you familiar with any Narnian lullabies?' he asked. 'Sorry, no.' Lucy replied. 'Well, that's good. Because this...Probably won't sound anything like one.' Mr Tumnus replied with a laugh. Mr Tumnus started to play a soft melody on to a flute, it was very calming. Lucy, who sat next to me, became very sleepy, after a few seconds she fell asleep on me. I laid her head on my lap, and Mr Tumnus stopped when the fire roared at him, it was a lion. 'You didn't fall asleep.' he said with wonder to me. 'No, but it was incredible, I loved it.' I said with a smile. 'Everyone falls asleep, always.' he mumbled softly.