Chapter 9, happened again

(Edmunds POV, one year later)

I was walking with Peter and Susan through the castle, talking about all sorts of things. 'You know what i was wondering? It's been a year since we were crowned, but I haven't worn my crown that much. I mean, yes for official things, but how much of those do we have?' Susan says to us. 'You're right. Now that I think about it.' I agree. 'Ed, this makes me think of something.' Peter says. 'What's that.' i say. 'It's been a year, no wars, no big issues.' Peter states, 'Yes.' I say, wondering where he's going with this. 'Dude, it's been a year, and still nothing has happened between you and Y/n.' Peter says dead serious. I start laughing, 'Why would anything happen between me and her?' I ask, 'It's obvious you like each other, everyone knows, except you two.' Susan says. 'I do not like her.' I say, 'Yeah, keep saying that, but it won't change how you feel.' Peter now says. 'And, she doesn't like me.' i say. 'Uhuh, and I'm a dwarf.' Peter says. We walked out of the hall out to a balcony, you could see the training area from here. We could see Y/n learning Lucy how to throw daggers even better. 'Lucy's getting better, don't you think?' I ask, 'Lucy shouldn't be learning this, she's only twelve you know.' Susan says. 'Susan, she's a queen. And she's learning it for safety, no worries.' Peter says. We watch for a little while how Lucy throws daggers and how Y/n helps her. I eventually just look at Y/n, forgetting what we actually were looking at, and forgetting about our conversations and the people i'm with. 'Ed!' Peter half shouts in my ear. 'Jezus! No need to yell!' i say. 'He said your name over 3 times already.' Susan states. 'Oh, sorry.' I said to him, 'And you still want to tell me you don't like her?' Peter asks. 'Of course I like her, she's my best mate.' i say. 'You know what we mean. You like her romantic styles.' Susan says. 'Even if i would, which i don't. She wouldn't possibly like me back.' I say with a small frown. 'How come you think that?' Peter asks. 'She never said anything about our kiss since.' i say. 'Your what?!' Susan and Peter shout at the same time. Y/n and Lucy now spot us, and walk towards us. "Great, they're stopping with training because of us now." I say pointing at them. 'Sup, nerds.' Lucy says looking up at her siblings. 'Hey Lu, how's it going with the daggers?' I ask. 'You kissed?' Peter asks Y/n before Lucy could answer me. 'Uh, I kissed who now?' Y/n asks confused. 'You and Edmund kissed?!' Susan now asks her, I slap my hand on my face, this is gonna be awkward. 'You two kissed? Oh, I'm so happy for you!' Lucy now squeals. Y/n looks at me confused, it was more than a bloody year ago. 'I mean, yes, we did. But that was so long ago.' She says confused. 'How long?' Peter asks. 'Right before the battle.' Y/n and I answer at the same time. 'You've liked each other for more than a year? Then it's even sadder that nothing has happened between you two.' Susan exclaims. Y/n and I looked at each other, I could feel my face heating up, and I think I could see hers also getting a bit more flushed. 'Why aren't you boyfriend and girlfriend?' Lucy asks Y/n. 'Well, uhm...It's...No...' Y/n stammers, oh poor Y/n. 'It's a bit more complicated than that.' I say to Lucy. 'No it's not. In Finchley, I had two boyfriends, it wasn't that hard.' Lucy says, shrugging. 'You had two boyfriends?' Peter asks. 'Yes, didn't you ever have that?' Lucy asks. 'No, i never had two boyfriends.' Peter answered. "We're getting off track here.' Susan says, pointing at Y/n and me again. 'Right, how was it?' Peter asks, winking at me. I just punched him in the arm. 'I'm gonna take a shower. I'll see ya at dinner.' Y/n says before walking away. As soon as Y/n was gone, I turned to my siblings. 'I hate all of you.' I say, before walking away with a deep sigh and a small smile on my face. I know, it was awkward and weird, but also slightly funny.

That night after dinner, I was just chilling in my room, going over chess strategies. I hear a knock on my door, 'Who is it?' I ask. 'It's Peter, wondering if you have that report ready for me?' he asks through the door. 'No, not yet, I'll have it for you tomorrow.' I answered him. 'You better, i have to go over it before the meeting.' He says, 'Goodnight then!' he wishes me. 'Yeah, goodnight!' i say. But, not a minute later, I heard a knock again. I walk towards the door, 'Peter, I'll have it for you tomorrow, no need to complain about it.' I say as I open the door. 'Y/n?' I ask as I see her standing in front of me. 'Sorry, were you expecting Peter?' she asks. 'No, not at all. He just left.' She nods that she understands. 'Do you want to come in?' i ask her, normally she would've already barged in, it's different this time. 'Yes please.' She says as she walks past me, she just keeps standing in the middle of the room. 'I'm sorry about earlier today.' I say, talking about the thing in the garden. 'Oh, no worries, I was just surprised, I mean, it was quite long ago.' She says as she takes a step forward. 'It has been long, yes.' I say, also stepping closer. We were now only inches away from each other. 'How come you kissed me?' she asks. 'Because I wanted to.' I answer, looking in her eyes, but I catch myself also looking at her lips. 'Do you want to kiss me now?' She asks, in a whisper. 'Yes.' I say, with a whisper too. We both leaned in even closer, until I couldn't bear the tension anymore. I grabbed her by the hips and I leaned in. Our lips touched softly. She grabbed my neck and deepened our kiss. After a few minutes, she pulls away slightly. We lean with our foreheads against each other. 'Goodnight I guess.' she says softly, she turns around and starts walking away, but i stop her by grabbing her hand. 'Shouldn't we talk about this? I mean, before another year goes by.' I say with a chuckle. 'Perhaps we should.' She says with a smile. She sits down in a chair, I sit in the chair opposite of her. We were silent for a small while, both not knowing how to start. 'I like you.' She says eventually, looking down. 'You... You like me?' I ask, don't know why. 'Wasn't that obvious?' she asks. 'I like you too.' I say, she now looks up and meets my eyes. 'So..' she says. 'So...' I said back. 'What if it doesn't work out?' I ask. 'What if it does?' she asks me back. 'If I don't know something I always ask my siblings.' I say with a small chuckle. 'Me too.' She says back with a chuckle. 'Well, we can't do that right now I guess.' i say. She laughs, 'No, I think we better not.' She says. 'Goodnight.' She says and walks out the door.