Chapter two, hide and seek.

(Y/n POV)

We were now at the train station, saying our goodbyes. We had to go, it was too dangerous here in Finchley. All the children had to go, to where it was safer. 'You need to keep this on, darling. All right?' Helen said to her youngest daughter. She turned to Edmund, 'You will listen to your brother, won't you Edmund?' She asked him. She hugged him tightly. She then went to the oldest of the five, who was standing next to Edmund. Helen hugged him, 'Promise me you'll look after the others?' she asked him. 'I will, mum.' he answered his mother. She then turned to Susan, hugging her tightly. She then turned to me, 'Promise me you will help Peter, just like you have done this last couple of months?' she asked me. 'Of course I will, I just want to thank you for everything you've done for me and my family.' I said to her with a smile. She hugged me, and gave me a smile. The Pevensies had done a lot the last couple of months for me. As both our fathers were fighting in the war, there was no one to look after me, because my mom had died three years ago, heart attack. It was a traumatising event, as it happened with me there. I tried to save her, but I was too late. But the Pevensies were there for me and my father. And now i have been living with them for a while, because my father was fighting in the war with their father. I helped a lot at home. I'd do things like cooking, cleaning, get Lucy to school, laundry, all sorts of stuff. 'Alright, off you go.' Helen said to us. We all grabbed our cases from the ground and off we went. Susan yanked the tickets out of Peter's hand, and handed it to the conductor. As we were boarding the train, Lucy stopped and turned around. Peter, who was holding her hand, said 'We have to stick together, everything's gonna be fine.' trying to calm her. As we were now all in the train, the door was shut, and Peter, Susan and Lucy stuck their heads out of the window, trying to find their mom, to wave goodbye. I sat next to Edmund, giving him a small, comforting smile, it must be hard needing to leave your mum behind at these times. As the train started to move, they got inside again. Lucy started crying, but they were all sad, not knowing how to comfort Lucy right now. 'Go sit with Y/n, okay Lucy?' Susan said, with tears in her eyes. Lucy practically jumped on top of me, crying on my shoulder. I placed my hand on her back, rubbing it softly. 'It's going to be okay. We will go do all sorts of fun stuff. And before you know it, we'll be back home, safe and sound.' I said to her in a whisper. It helped a bit, but she kept sitting on my lap and hugging me. After a while, Lucy felt asleep in my arms, so I decided to keep holding her. She started to feel like my little sister, of course I would look out for her. Slowly I felt a head dropping on my shoulder, with deep breaths coming from him. It was Edmund, who I was still sitting next to. He fell asleep too. Peter looked up at me, I looked back at him, he worded a small 'thanks' to me with his mouth, I smiled at him as a reply. Susan saw it too and smiled. After an hour Edmund woke up. He sat up and looked at me, realising he slept on my shoulder the whole time. 'Sorry, I didn't mean to.' he said. 'No worries, hope your neck isn't all sowre now.' I said to him. A while later Lucy awoke too. But she just kept lying against my breast, and started playing with my braid. We all just sat there in silence, until we arrived at our destination. We saw kids stepping out around us. But we just kept going.

Eventually, we came to a stop at a very small and rather old station, Coombe Halt. There wasn't anything there, just a wooden fence. We heard a horse coming, as we turned our heads, we saw a lady with a horse, who pulled a half, wooden, carriage. She came to a step in front of us. Mrs. Macready?' Peter asked the lady. 'I'm afraid so.' she answered. She looked at our baggage, 'Haven't you bought anything else?' she asked us. 'No ma'am, it's just us.' Peter answered her. Lucy nodded in agreement. She nodded her head to where we could sit. After a while we came upon a piece of land, with a huge house in it. As we walked in, Mrs. Macready started speaking to us. 'Professor Kirke is not accustomed to having' children in this house. And, as such, there are a few rules we need to follow.' she started, we were all just looking amazed at the house, it was huge. 'There will be no shoutin'. Or runnin'. No improper use of the dumbwaiter.' she said. Susan was about to touch a statue, 'No touchin' of the historical artefacts!' she said shocked, mostly to Susan. 'And above all, there shall be no disturbin' of the professor.' Mrs. Macready finished.

As the evening was starting to come, we all sat in Lucy, Susan and my bedroom, which was big, even for three people, it had a fireplace! The radio was turned on, stating the news. 'German aircraft carried out a number of attacks on Great Britain last night.' it spoke. Until Susan turned it off, Peter looked at her with a face, but Susan pointed at Lucy, who was crying softly in her bed. Edmund and I were playing a card game on my end of the bed. 'Wars don't last forever Lucy.' Susan said to Lucy, 'We'll be home soon.' I added with a small smile. 'Yeah, if home's still there.' Edmund spoke, great. 'Isn't it time you were in bed?' Susan asked him with a disapproving look. 'Yes, mum!' he said harshly. '' Ed!' Peter said to his brother. I knew that he was having a hard time right now. He was fifteen, going straight through puberty, and he missed his dad very much. But he had to know that this isn't helping. 'You saw outside' i start, looking at Peter so he would continue, to turn the conversation away from Edmund. 'This place is huge.' Peter said, catching on. 'We can do anything we want here. Tomorrow is gonna be great.' Peter finishes.

The next day, it was raining hard, so no going outside today. Lucy was staring out the window, and Peter and Susan were playing a word game, which I didn't get. I was sitting in a chair, looking at my surroundings, with Edmund on the floor beneath me.

'We could play hide and seek.' Lucy said. 'But we're already having so much fun.' Peter said sarcastically towards Susan. Come on, Peter, please.' she said, now grabbing his hand. 'On, two, three, four–' he started counting. 'What?' Edmund said. Susan ran out, Lucy grabbed my hand and pulled me up, following Susan out the room. Edmund following close behind. We ran up and down stairs, trying to find a place. We eventually found a curtain big enough for us both, but Edmund beated us to it, 'I was here first.' he said with a grin, i stuck my tongue out at him, Lucy scoffed at him, but pulled me away again since we needed to find another place. We ran up, once again. We ran in a hallway with a lot of doors. We each started to try opening doors, but they were all locked, until Lucy found one that wasn't. She pulled me in with her, but we both came to a stop when we saw a sheet over something in the room. What was strange about it, was that that was the only piece of furniture in the entire room. We walked to it slowly, Lucy pulled off the sheets of the piece of furniture. I looked with awe at the wardrobe, it was quite beautiful. We could hear Peter counting, so I opened the door of the wardrobe. Lucy went in first, with me close behind. We walked backwards, but it seemed to go on for quite some time, for being in a wardrobe. I heard Lucy gasp from behind me, so I turned around, to see us at the end of the wardrobe, but at what it seemed, like an opening of a forest. We walked in slowly, I couldn't believe what I saw.