Chapter 11, wolves

(Your POV, three years later) (Peter: 22, Susan: 21, Ed and Y/n: 20, Lucy: 16)

Edmund and I started dating three years ago, not long after we were official.

I was working in my office, until Oreius storms in. 'I'm sorry, General. But I have important news.' He says. 'Well, what is it?' I ask. 'Wolves are attacking Narnians in the village.' he says. I stand up and grab my belt with a sword and daggers on it. 'Let's go.' i say. 'Shouldn't we inform the Kings and Queens?' He asks as he walks beside me towards John. 'No, they should be getting back from visiting some informants in the woods, but we can't wait.' I say to him, as I walk towards some soldiers. 'You three, you're coming with me, you two will go to Cair Paravel and wait for the Kings and Queens and tell them about the wolves when they get back.' I ordered them. I, Oreius and three other soldiers hastily make our way to the village below. We get to town square, and see seven wolves. I see one almost attacking a woman and her baby. I jump off my horse, 'Oi! Leave them!' I shouted towards the wolf. We get the attention of all seven wolves and they start circling us. I recognise them, 'Great seeing you again, General.' One spoke. I recognised his voice and all, they were with the White Witch. 'I don't know if you heard, but the Witch is dead, move on.' I say to them. They start attacking us. One comes to me, I step aside and stick out my sword. The wolf jumps right on top of it, and is practically sliced in two. Right away, another one attacks me. He went for my legs, but I jumped up and landed on his back. He tries to throw me off, but I get my dagger and slit his throat. I can see Oreius being locked in a corner by two wolves. I throw my dagger right in one of the wolf's heads. Oreius quickly killed the other. I can see two others laying on the ground, but where is the third? 'General! Behind you!' a Narnian civilian shouted at me, but I was too late. The wolf attacks me from behind and I fall on the ground. He bites me in my leg, so I kick him in the face with my other leg. I grabbed my dagger and threw it in his chest, he stopped moving. Just as I tried to get up, a familiar someone kneels down beside me. 'Y/n, your leg...' She says. 'Hey, Lu!' I say to Lucy. She grabs her cordial, but I stop her. 'No, I'm fine, it won't kill me. Safe it for those who really need it.' I said to her, as I stood up with Lucy's help. I hobble towards the lady with the baby and make sure they are okay, they were. 'Weren't these wolves with the Witch? So this is what the informants were talking about.' Peter states, i look at him. 'The informants knew about the wolves?' I was surprised. 'Yeah, they have been hiding in the woods, but you handled it i see.' he says. 'Sort of...' he says looking down at my really bleeding leg. Now Edmund walks up to Peter, he hadn't seen me yet since he was helping Oreius and the other three soldiers, cleaning their swords. 'What are you talking about sort of? They're all dead aren't they?' Edmund asks, looking at Peter. Peter points at my leg and Edmund's face drops immediately. He runs over to me and holds me so Lucy could let go. 'I'm fine Ed, no worries.' I say. 'Have you seen your leg?' he asks worriedly. 'He didn't bite through, it's just a flesh wound.' I explained to him. I'm getting you home right now.' He says. 'Wait, I have to clean up the mess that I made.' I say, letting go of him and hobbling away towards some chairs that had been chugged to the side. Edmund now picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, 'No you need to get stitches, love.' he says. 'Edmund Pevensie, put me down this instant!' I say as I punch him in the back repeatedly. 'Alright, alright. Jezus, even upside down you punch hard.' Edmund says. I started trying to walk over to the chairs again, but Edmund appeared in front of me, and stopped me. 'Edmund, let me go help.' i say, 'No.' he replies. 'No? You can't really stop me, King.' I say sarcastic. 'Oh, I can. General, you have to go back to Cair Paravel, that's an order.' Edmund says. 'Oh, you're not being serious?' I ask, 'Deadly.' he replies. 'It's alright General, we got this.' Oreius says to me. 'Thank you Oreius!' Edmund says as he helps me too John. We rode back to Cair Paravel and I got a few stitches in the military camp. Walking didn't go exactly easy, so Edmund helped me. 'Where to?' he asks me, 'I want to shower and then go to bed i think, maybe read or something.' i say. We walked up the stairs to the floor with all our bedrooms, but mine was all the way at the end. And walking became more painful. 'Do you want to crash in my room?' Edmund asks. 'I don't want to be a bother.' i say. 'My room is bigger, has a shower, a nice bed and i way closer than yours. Really, you're not a bother.' He says to me, 'Closer is it? Your room it is.' i say. We got in his room and I let myself fall on his armchair. 'I'm gonna shower first.' I say, 'Then maybe, just maybe, you should get up and shower.' Edmund says sarcastically. 'Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna.' I say and pull myself up. I walk towards Edmund's dresser and grab a boxer and shirt of his. 'Where are you going with my underwear?' He asks. 'Well I don't have any underwear laying around here, do i? And no pyjamas, so hence the shirt.' I explain, he gets what I mean and shrugs in reply. I walk towards his bathroom and get in the shower. I get it, he's a king. But he even has a better shower. As I'm showering, Edmund walks in, which I didn't notice since my eyes were closed. So when I open them, I see Edmund brushing his teeth. 'Jezus fuck! Edmund, give me a warning next time, before I get a heart attack.' I said to him, I could see him looking at me, through the mirror. As he finished brushing his teeth, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I grab his toothbrush and start using it. 'That's disgusting.' Edmund says to me as he's undressing to take a shower himself. 'What? You kiss me, but sharing a toothbrush is gross? Hypocrite.' I say sarcastically. He just chuckles and gets in the shower. I finished brushing my teeths and got dressed. So I walk out of the bathroom and get in bed. I look at what book he's reading 'The Great Gatsby' . I read the back of the book, it sounds fun. 'It's a nice book.' Edmund says as he jumps on to the bed, next to me. 'Yeah?' I ask, 'Yeah, it's entertaining.' He says. I give the book back to him and he places it next to him. We lay down and Edmund put his arm around me and we lay against each other until we fell asleep. We both slept better, then when we slept separately.