Chapter 8, a throne and a meddal

(Your POV)

It was coronation day! I was in Susan's room with her and Lucy, helping them to get ready. 'Can you tie my hair?' Susan asks me, after making a beautiful braid in her hair. 'Of course.' i say helping her to tie up her hair. 'Your dress looks lovely Lucy.' i say to her, as she couldn't stop looking down at her dress. 'I do, don't i?' she asks with a smile. 'What are you wearing Y/n? Isn't your medal thing after us?' Susan asks me. 'I have to wear this general, army outfit. With pants and a blouse. And -medal thingy-? You have to give me one, and you don't know what you're doing? You're gonna be a great Queen.' I say, the last bit sarcastically. 'Well, I think it fits you, the whole general outfit.' Susan says. Lucy nods her head, agreeing with her sister. 'It looks dangerous and powerful.' Lucy says. 'Thank you, my liege.' I say with a bow. 'Oh shit, I have to go. I, together with the other guests and soldiers, have to be there before you.' I say walking out. 'Goodluck!' I shout at them, then I close the door and start running, because I'm really late. As I'm running I turn a corner and bump into someone. 'Pardon me, I didn't look where I was going.' i say. 'Hah, since when are you so nice?' The person I bumped into asks, I immediately recognise the voice, Edmund. I stick my tongue out at him. 'You look smart.' Ed says to me, 'Yeah, it's the General outfit i think.' i say to him. 'Well you look great.' he says to me. 'Well thank you.' I smile at him, I look him up and down. 'Like what you see?' he asks with a smirk. 'Very much.' I say with a smirk back, I could see him blush slightly. 'No need to blush, King.' i say. 'Haha, very funny.' he says. Wait, Kings, 'Fuck, i'm so fucking late!' i say. I give a quick peck on the cheek, 'Good luck!' I shouted at him while running off again. I got to the throne room just in time. I got in my place, I had to stand slightly behind the thrones. So if the Pevensies sat in their thrones they would be with their back to me. As I stood, I got a disapproving look from Mr Beaver, but he found it amusing too, that I was so late. As I stood, the doors opened and the horns could be heard. The Kings, Queens and Aslan walked up to their thrones, but they all looked at me, so they would have a point to look at. As they made their way forward, they all looked at their thrones. They walked up to their own thorne, and turned their back to me and face the room. 'To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant.' Aslan says, Mr Tumnus places a silver leaf crown on Lucy's head. 'To the great Western Wood. King Edmund, the Just.' Alan spoke. Mr Tumnus places a silver crown on his head. Mr Tumnus looked at me and smiled quickly, I looked proud back at Tumnus. Edmund looks over his shoulder to me and smiles, I give him a proud smile, I couldn't be prouder. ; To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle.' Aslan spoke. Mr tumnus placed a golden flower crown on her head. 'And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent.' Aslan spoke. Mr Tumnus placed a big golden crown on Peter's head, it fitted him. The Kings and Queens sat down in their throne, and I had to walk in front of them, next to Aslan, as I did, I sat on my knees, the rest of the room following. 'Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia.' Aslan said to them, with me next to them. 'May your wisdom grace us, until the stars rain down from the heavens.' Peter said, he turned around, now it was my turn. I stood up, I could hear the rest of the room doing the same. 'Long live King Peter!' I started, 'Long live King Edmund!' others joined me, 'Long live Queen Susan!' everybody has joined me now. 'Long live Queen Lucy!' we all say. They all looked proud at me, as I bowed for my Kings and Queens, friends and family. Everybody starts cheering for their new Kings and Queens.

One hour later, it was time I made my way to the royal garden. There were way more people than i had expected, not only soldiers were there, but also other Narnians. I made my way up front, there stood Aslan, the Kings, Queens, the Beaver and Mr Tumnus waiting for me, all with a medal, except for Peter. I made my way up front in the outfit I wore at the coronation, but with another blouse, this one had small engraved flowers and leaves at the bottom. I knelt for my Kings and Queens. Peter walks up to me with his sword, he holds it with two hands in front of me, i place my left hand on it, and my right on my chest near my heart. 'Say after me. I, Y/n, protector of Narnia, will hereby swear to protect and sacrifice for Narnia and those in it.' He says. 'I, Y/n, protector of Narnia, will hereby swear to protect and sacrifice for Narnia and those in it.' i says. 'I will give my courage and wisdom to those who need it, and use it for greater good.' Peter goes further. 'I will give my courage and wisdom to those who need it, and use it for greater good.' I say. 'Rise, my General.' He says to me with a proud smile. I rise and everyone there starts cheering for me. It's about the same amount of people who were there for the Kings and Queens. Aslan was right, I am as important. Mrs Beaver walked up to me, I knelt down so we were at the same height, 'This medal represents your teaching.' Aslan spoke, Mrs Beaver pins it to my blouse. Mr Beaver walks forward. 'This medal is for your strength.' Aslan said, as Mr Beaver pins it next to the one his wife put there. Mr tumnus walks up to me, i stand up again 'For the acception you have for others.' Aslan spoke, Mr Tumnus gave me a wink while he pinned it to my blouse. 'This medal is for the protection of those who need it.' Aslan spoke, while Lucy gave me my medal, and put it on my blouse, she had a huge smile on her face. Susan walked to me. 'This medal is for heroïsm.' Aslan says as Susan puts the medal on my blouse. 'And this medal is for bravery, for not letting fear get the better of you and helping others if it puts you in danger.' Aslan says, as Edmund pins the last medal on my blouse, he gives me a small smile, I give it back. 'I give you, the General, Y/n.' Aslan says, and all the soldiers salute me, the other Narnians do the same. I did it to my Kings and Queens and mouthed a 'Thank you' to them.