Chapter 1 Class 1-C

Class C 520

In another classroom, the students of Class 1-C were facing almost the same situation of a single charismatic student gathering all of them after class to discuss the newly revealed Class Point system.

However, compared to the benevolence that was Ichinose Honami, Ryuuen Kakeru's easy going smile could not hide the violent malignance that radiated from his gaze as he looked down on the whole class.

Not that he was trying to hide it.

"Right. Now that we all know we're in competition with the other classes, it only makes sense that we all get to know each other better. Let's go with another round of self-introductions. I'll start. My name is Ryuuen Kakeru. I'm the King of this class."

His words carried no harshness or order. It was neither a request nor was it asking for permission.

Starting that moment, he was simply stating fact as obvious that the sky was blue.

The atmosphere of the whole class tensed at his words. It did not help that two other students joined his side. On his left, a guy who could only be described as a thug with a bulky body and a rough look, Ishizaki Daichi. On his right, a tall dark-skinned mass of muscles who towered over everyone else, Yamada Albert.

Ryūen did not share the same physique as the two yet both of them being at his sides as lackeys spoke more volumes than any muscles could.

"But don't worry. I understand some of you may not agree with this sudden appointment. Then, let's have it. Does anyone else believe they can be king?"

'By overthrowing me here and now' were the words that were left unsaid.

Of course, there were some students who had resistance in their eyes.

A boy with swept over hair and deep-set eyes, Hiroya Tokitō, glared from his seat...but did not stand.

A girl with short blue hair, Ibuki Mio, scowled at his words...but did not have any words herself.

The simple truth was that, when the point system was being discussed, only Ryuuen Kakeru bothered to ask about it which implied, over every soul in the class, only he had the ability to look ahead.

It was just a single question and yet that meant he was already in front of everyone else, the definition of a leader. For students who were neutral, they'd pick Ryuuen Kakeru for that reason as everyone else were already too late. If they wanted to get to Class A, he was their best pick.

His two beefy pawns be his side also helped. They were not only the strongest in the class but also showed Ryuuen's readiness to recruit.

Hearing only silence, Ryuuen's smile grew, and he continued.

"This school is ruled by the strong. It's not simply enough that we become Class A, the other classes have to be destroyed on the way there. In order to take down the other classes, you all need someone to lead you to victory, any means necessary. I shall be the King of the class and, by the end of it, King of this School."

The implication was clear. Just as he was threatening his own class at the moment, he was willing to throw the same threats back at their enemies. The fear each one of the students felt will be used to crush the other classes.

Ryuuen gestured to the door. "...Ah, for those who don't care to join me in the class fights, you might as well go home now. I will not force you in my methods, but you surrender all rights to complain or get in my way. This is your last chance."

After all, even if some of the egocentric students of Class C were against Ryuuen's methods, the need to win and assert dominance over the other classes overpowered anything else. He did not need anything half-assed. Better a minion who worked under fear than one who had no motivation.