Case of Assault Incident Class A

Class A 900 CP 40 = 940

Horikata Manabu stared.

His "opponent" stared back.

Sitting across him was a student from Class A who had only introduced himself as Kamukura Izuru. The lanky young man had been brought in as a possible new member of the Student Council. They were usually allowed two Freshman per year which had to be approved by either the President or Vice President to balance things out.

Standing between the silent duo, Tachibana Akane could only clutch her favorite orange notebook to her chest tightly. Since they had introduced themselves to each other, the two had yet to speak a single word for the past ten minutes.

Wasn't this supposed to be an interview? And yet the only question the president had asked was the boy's name.

Of course, Manabu had already reviewed Kamukura's file especially after he came recommended by their secretary. No real middle school background. Class A with average scores (for his class) and a streak of absences in the first month.

Even Ichinose Honami looked better on paper even if she was from Class-B.

There were few reasons why the Class A student wouldn't fit for the Council:

Kamukura Izuru rarely smiled and looked overly serious which, to be fair, was the same for Manabu.

Kamukura Izuru exuded a dangerous almost superhuman aura which was also the same for Manabu

Thinking about it, if Kamukura Izuru cut his outrageously long hair, the two would basically be twins with both having dark hair and piercing eyes. He just needed aa pair of glasses. There was a good chance that was exactly why Tachibana had brought someone like Kamukura.

However, if there was a single reason why Kamukura Izuru was the perfect fit was because of the overwhelming talent Manabu could feel from him. From the moment their two eyes had met, Kamukura could already conclude Hoshitaka Manabu was boring. Even Manabu's pride as the ANHS Student Council President had been stripped away.

Those same dead eyes that did not see the present but only a predictable future.

Kamukura's eyes reminded Manabu of another first year he wanted to join the Student Council:

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka

While Ayanokōji hid his abilities and intelligence perfectly for reasons Manabu could not yet discern, Kamukura simply radiated power. There was no way to tell if this was the end result of Ayanokōji Kiyotaka going serious or simply another level.

Could he have both? There was yet a freshman representative in the Council. Perhaps, one could be used to bait the other.

On the other hand, compared to Nagumo, the current vice-president, who similarly flaunted his power there was neither pride nor malice. At the very least, this boy did not care to abuse his position on the council, or even, care for anything.

Even now, sitting on a chair with one leg up, the trained martial artist could not see a single opening of attack. In his mind, no matter how many copies of himself he added, they would never defeat Kamukura Izuru.

"I only have one question, Kamukura-kun." Finally, Manabu spoke which got no expression from Izuru even as Tachibana released a long held breath of air. "Why do you want to join the Student Council?"

"For me, this school is boring. This world is boring. There are those with talent in this school and then those that do not possess any. One side drags the other down to their level, and because of this, the world has come to a deadlock. The world has stopped evolving...Tsumaranai. I plan to make things interesting and remove the stalemate the world is in."