Chapter 13: Chasing the Past

When we arrived back at the palace, Faelion appeared near Thranduil before he could even get off his horse. I bit my lower lip to prevent my giggles from escaping as he started to talk about how he was worried and that he should not do such things. Thranduil, of course, did not listen to a single word he said and jumped down from his saddle before going near me and offering me his hand. I smiled lightly and accepted his offer, getting off of my horse with ease.

"Do not blame me. She is the one who kidnapped me."

I blinked in surprise and looked at him. While he wore an impassive mask, his eyes couldn't hide the amusement. I pulled my hand back and gave him a glare, placing my hands on my hips and slightly fluttering my wings so they could look intimidating.

"Well, I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't resembled a walking storm." I raised my finger and waved it at him. "You should learn to control your temper. It's quite immature!"

While Faelion, Galion, and the few guards around us fell silent with shock—possibly because of me waving my finger at the Elvenking and scolding him—Thranduil looked at me for a moment before letting out a laugh and offering me his arm, further paralysing the elves around us.

"You are aware that I could throw you into the dungeons for speaking to me in this manner, right?"

"It still would not change the fact that I am correct." I placed my hand on his arm as he led us towards the stairs. He just chuckled and lowered his head slightly.

"I will think about your advice, Gilroval."

"You better." As we passed by Galion, I gave him a wink, causing him to smile happily.

June 2509

The following years went by in the blink of an eye. I have been living in the Woodland Realm for over forty-five years now. Both Thranduil and I were trying to find something that might help me regain my memories of my past, going through multiple books in the great library.

Our friendship only grew stronger, turning into something much more powerful. We both knew that we loved each other, yet neither of us said it out loud. We knew that if we were to utter those words, we would not be able to hold ourselves any longer. We kept our friendly façade, not daring to take the next step.

We couldn't go to visit Lady Galadriel or Lord Elrond. No matter how many times we burned down multiple spider nests, slaughtered countless orcs, or killed goblins, they always kept coming to our woods. Travelling was not safe anymore.

That was when I started to see the same dream over and over again.

I was talking with an elleth around my height. She had long white hair, just like mine, but that was all I could see as her face was blurred out. We were standing on a balcony that overlooked a vast ocean. But that was all I could see. I couldn't hear what we were talking about or why this dream always made me feel sad. When I shared this dream with Thranduil, he said that it might be a memory of mine. This gave me hope. Hope that I was starting to remember once again.

This was six months ago.

I was still having the same dream. Nothing has changed, and there have been no improvements. Instead, I started to have constant headaches every now and then. Today was one of those days. My head felt like it was about to split open as I stood on the training grounds. I was training one of my students. Well, trying to at least, for he was aware of the fact that I was feeling unwell. For that, I told him that he should practise his stance while I took a break.

As I stood to the side, I closed my eyes and placed my hand on my forehead. Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm my nerves while my wings covered me protectively. I do not know how long I stayed like that, but it helped me feel better.