5. A Rocky Rivalry

It seems like a regular afternoon at Peachwood's largest jewelry store, Gloria's Jewelry. A few customers are inside, looking at the jewelry and making their purchases, and everything seems peaceful and calm as usual. However, that sense of calm and tranquility doesn't last for long, as a trio of masked men attempts to rob the jewelry store. The security alarm begins to ring, and the customers start to panic.

One of the men is tall and slender, the other is a bit shorter, but with a heavy and wide build, and the third is actually quite short in stature. Their facial traits are all concealed by the masks they're wearing. The tallest one approaches one of the employees, with a large sack, and points a knife at the employee. "Put all the jewels in the bag, now." He commands.

The employee, frightened for his life, gives in and starts putting jewelry in the bag, while the other two masked men threaten the customers with their knives, intending to hold them hostages for extra insurance.

However, just as the robbery seems to be almost done, someone speeds into the store. A teenage boy is seen floating in mid-air, looking at everyone. "Never fear, Blast is here!" He exclaims cheerfully. The masked men look at the teenager floating in the sky, somewhat confused.

"What's that kid doing here?" The shorter one asks, to which the fatter one just shrugs. "I dunno... I'd rather ask how he's floating like that." He adds.

Alex just looks at the criminals, frowning at them. "Ok guys, playtime is over. Let go of the hostages, and return the jewels." Alex tells them.

This causes the tallest one of the three to turn around and look at Blast, with an annoyed scowl. "Get lost kid, this is none of your business!" he tells Alex, pointing the knife at him.

Alex just shrugs. "Look guys, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Whichever you prefer." Alex tells them, pretty confident that he can handle the situation easily.

The tallest one of the trio growls, and attempts to stab Alex with the knife, but Alex dashes out of the way, quickly moving through the air until he's behind the man, in just a split second. The other two men watch, their jaws dropping as they see him move so fast. Alex just smirks. "You missed." He says, startling the man as he realizes Alex is behind him now.

The shorter man of the trio slaps the other one. "What are we waiting for? Let's get that kid!" He exclaims. The two of them run towards Alex, trying to stab him with their knives as well.

Alex just sighs. "It always has to be the hard way..." he says, and then he starts zooming around at lightning speed, avoiding their attacks, and pummels all three of them repeatedly, until all three of them go down. He then just cleans the dust off his clothes, and looks at the trio that's now lying down on the floor.

The employee that was at the counter rushes over to Alex. "That was unbelievable!" the employee tells him. "You saved us all!"

Alex just chuckles. "It's nothing really. Glad to help!" Alex replies, smiling. "Who are these goons anyway?" Alex wonders.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a familiar redhead teenager pops out from behind some of the furniture, with her trusty notebook and pen. "These three are a notorious criminal team." Lily begins, startling Alex as she came out of nowhere. "The Bandit Brothers, I think they're called." Lily adds.

Alex just tilts his head. "Ok... how do you know that?" Alex asks her.

Lily just giggles. "I read the Peachwood Daily every day. I always keep up with the news on everything." Lily explains.

Alex looks back at the criminals. "So the Bandit Brothers, huh? Well, my job's done here, the police will show up soon anyway." Alex says, shrugging. "Hey Lily, what time is it?" He asks her.