11. Just Like You

It's a sunny Friday afternoon in Peachwood. Normally at this time, Alex and friends would be gathered at Alice's house to continue working on their science project, but yesterday Alice had mentioned to Alex and Tommy that she has a dentist appointment today, so they won't be able to meet to work on the science project this time.

Taking this opportunity to do something else for a change, Tommy decides to visit the park, with his paper and art kit, and just take some time to draw. Few things inspire his creativity quite as much as nature does. The singing of the birds, the feeling of the sun on his skin, the mild breeze that makes the leaves from the trees rustle gently, this is the kind of environment that really inspires Tommy to draw.

He takes a seat at one of the picnic tables in the park, and after just a few minutes, he's completely immersed in his art, enjoying every moment as he draws. If there's anything that he enjoys doing when he's alone more than anything else, it definitely has to be drawing.

As he continues working on his art, his state of focus and concentration is abruptly broken as he hears some screaming not too far away from where he's sitting. Breaking out of his focus, he turns his head to see where the screaming is coming from. It's Julia, standing next to one of the trees here at the park.

"Luna, are you stuck?" Julia asks her white cat, who is now at the top of the tree. She sighs, seeming really worried about her cat. "Oh my... don't worry Luna, I'll try to get you down from there." she says, as she tries to climb the tree.

Seeing this, Tommy comes towards her, seeing her struggle to climb the tree. "Hey, are you sure that's a good idea?" he asks her, causing Julia to look at him.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." she replies to him. "I have to get Luna down from there..." she says as she reaches out for a branch to grab to climb up higher, but as she climbs higher, almost high enough to reach Luna at the top, the branch she's grabbing snaps with a loud crack, causing Julia to start falling towards the ground. She lets out a high-pitched yell, but far from hitting the ground with a loud thud, she finds her fall stopped short as someone grabs her in mid-air.

"H-Huh?" she says, trying to figure out what just happened, but then she hears a familiar voice.

"Don't worry, I'm here to help!" Alex tells her, having flown over to grab her and stop her fall. Julia smiles as she realizes it's him, and Alex places her down safely on the ground.

"Alex... I didn't know you were here." she tells him, smiling at him. "Thanks for saving me there."

Alex blushes a bit as he realizes he just saved Julia, and lets out a nervous laugh. "Well, you know me... I'm always trying to help people whenever I can!" he tells her, clearly more excited than usual about the fact that he saved someone. He then regains his composure as he asks her something. "What were you doing up in that tree anyway?" he asks her. "That's really dangerous!"

Julia looks at him, with a concerned expression. "It's about my cat, Luna." she tells him. "A dog passed by and barked at her, so she climbed up that tree in fear, and now she's stuck up there..." she explains. "I tried to climb up there to save her... but that didn't really work..."

Alex nods, realizing what he needs to do. He's a bit nervous, remembering how the last time he helped a cat down from a tree, the cat scratched him all over, but his desire to help Julia beats his fear of getting scratched by a cat. "Don't worry Julia, I'll get her down from there!" he tells her with a confident smile, as he flies up to where Luna is.

Reaching out to her to grab her, Alex talks to the cat. "Come on here Luna... I'm here to save you... please don't hurt me..." he tells Luna. Julia watches from the ground, hoping it goes well.