12. Pair Pressure

It seems like another regular day at school. Alex and Tommy talk as they walk together down the hallway, on the way to their lockers. However, as they do so, they see a huge crowd gathered, all of them seeming extremely excited about something.

"Hey, what's this crowd about?" Tommy asks, curious as to what's going on. "What do you think is going on?" he asks Alex.

"I don't know..." he says, shrugging as he replies. "Wanna take a look?" he asks Tommy, who nods in agreement. The two then try to get into the crowd to get a look at what's going on, but there's too many people in the way, and they can barely see anything. Any attempts of squeezing into the crowd fail miserably.

"Oh come on!" Tommy exclaims, frustrated that they can't see what's going on. As they're contemplating how to see what is happening, Lily walks up to them with a smile.

"Hey boys, what's up?" she asks them.

Alex sighs. "Do you have any idea of what this big crowd is about?" he asks her.

Lily nods, smiling. "Uh huh! I heard Brittany's gonna be making a big announcement today. This must be it." she explains to them.

Tommy tries jumping to get to see what's going on, but it's fruitless. Many people in the crowd are way taller than him. "How do we see though?" Tommy asks.

Lily giggles a bit. "I'll show you how it's done!" she tells them, and then proceeds to squeeze her way through the crowd, astonishing both of them.

"H-How does she do that!?" Alex exclaims, in disbelief of how well she can make her way through the crowd.

Alex then has an idea, and lifts Tommy. "Come on, I've got another idea!" he says, as he starts flying, carrying Tommy along with him as he flies above the crowd.

"Whee!" Tommy exclaims delightfully as he's lifted into the air by Alex. "Flying is so awesome!"

Now that they're above the crowd, they can easily see what's going on. Just as Lily mentioned, it's Brittany in the center of the crowd, standing with her friends Vanessa and Helen at her sides, talking to the crowd.

"Ok everyone, listen up!" Brittany exclaims to the crowd, catching their attention. "So as you all know, I've hosted the best parties in my mansion" she begins saying. "Well, I'm happy to announce that I'll be hosting a new party this weekend!" she announces, causing everyone in the crowd to cheer unanimously.

Lily finally reaches Brittany, squeezing her way out of the crowd to talk to her. "This is really exciting! It's been a while since your last party." Lily says, walking up to her with her notebook and pencil.

Brittany laughs, playing with her hair. "And if you thought the last party was great, this one's literally gonna blow your socks off!" she adds.

While this all plays out, Alice walks down the hallway, noticing the crowd at a distance. She seems a bit intrigued, but decides to ignore it for the time being. However, Alex spots her, and decides to fly over to where Alice is, bringing Tommy with him.

"Hey Alice!" Alex exclaims, catching her attention. "Guess what?"

Alice just glances at him, seeming uninterested. "Lily's writing another article about you for the newspaper?" she guesses.

However, Alex shakes his head. "Nope! There's gonna be a super big party this weekend at Brittany's mansion!" he exclaims, seeming excited. Even though he's not the kind of person to read the newspaper that often, whenever Lily writes about Brittany's parties, it all looks amazing. The mansion, the beautiful scenery, the food, and everything else.

Alice just rolls her eyes. "You know this is Brittany we're talking about, right?" Alice asks Alex. "Why would we want to be at her party anyway?"

"Well... I mean, it sounds fun!" Tommy adds, still being carried by Alex.