Chapter 5: Lord Momonga!

Using a precious item to summon a level 80 Seraphim Empyrean is not a bad decision. Even in Yggdrasil, an NPC of this level was valuable and usually placed in an important position.

However, while she is valuable, I should refrain from using my items. There is a limit to my supply.

Like many in Nazarick, Momonga is a hoarder that has enough items and spells to change the fate of a nation or even the world.

But as a stingy person, Momonga is reluctant to do so. Why should he waste his hard-earned items? What benefits does he get?

Until he is certain he can obtain more resources it would be borderline insane to splurge items.

The summoning of Yael was a test to see how items operate and to see if there were any changes.

However, if he was being honest, it made more sense to summon support type NPCs, such as Craftsmen, Priest or Botanist than Yael. Because as long as they have resources, he as their summoner would gain immense wealth.

However, Yael had been precious in her own way. Her information gathering skills have surpassed his. If he gave her free reign, Momonga had the nagging feeling he would become omniscient.

She is far more intelligent and capable than he is, and he could see it but even an intelligent person cannot see the dumbness which is him.

While new to this world, Momonga knew that data crystals and divine metals were likely nonexistent. If they existed, knowing the nature of humankind, they would have monopolized it and use it for nefarious means.

He also did not know if there is a requirement for these objects to appear. Yggdrasil is a game, so it does not make sense to expect reality to operate the same way.

It's doubtful if humankind can even process objects of such caliber. Even the divine craftsmen in the guild had problems processing divine crystals, let alone this world's humans.

Momonga has been observing Yael via the Mirror of Remote Viewing and came to the conclusion that he could not grasp her thought process!

As a Player that primarily roleplayed as an evil overlord, he would not say he knew everything, but it would not be a lie to say he knows a lot. As a summoner, he knew a summoned creature cannot go against the summoner's will, yet Yael broke that rule.

Maybe because this world is not Yggdrasil- a game world, but instead a real world with rules. This made sense, but Yggdrasil's rules still persist, one example being the level cap.

If he could break the level cap, Momonga would transcend to become a Supreme Being, the Ruler of Death!

In Yggdrasil when one level up to the Overlord race, they would come in contact with the goddess of death, Hel.

According to the lores, the goddess of death, Hel was born above level 100 and as an Overlord This was very unlike how the other Norse gods were born, who were directly born with a domain. She was seen as an outcast amongst the gods.

One day when crying, Hel chance upon a dead creature, and witnessed the brilliance of death.

In that moment, Hel felt her thoughts about being loved to be so insignificant. The beauty of death seems to open a door to a new world.

Isn't everything equal before the equalizer of Life - Death?

A thought sprouted in her mind, since her family does not accept her in the world of the living, what about the world of the dead?

Acting upon her thought, Hel did not realize she had unknowingly become the goddess of death in that moment, leaving millions of bodies scattered across the globe.