Chapter 7: Hands of Fate

Part 1: Aurora of Paradise

Flying through the branches of the trees, feeling the cool refreshing sensation on her skin and the divine warmth of the Sun, Aurora gave a silent prayer to God.

This is tradition passed down in the Fairy Clan. One must give thanks to Lord Momonga for granting them life.

According to the legends, Paradise was once a ruined world without celestial bodies such as: stars, moons, or a sun. However, one day Lord Momonga, saddened by the world's fate, descended and created the realm known as Paradise.

Paradise is a deserted realm with a sole oasis surrounded by a forest. A tall mountain that reached the heavens with a beautiful palace resting on its peak.

Surrounding the oasis is a forest that encloses the mountain. Dijon, the God of Earth and the father of Fairies and Elves inhabit the forest.

Many myths and legends have been circulating before and after she was born.

Even some minor Fairies and Elves have been pushed to divine status, after their stories have been retold.

Clearing her thoughts, Aurora flew into the skies like a lightning bolt before spreading her two crystal-like wings open, hovering above the forest.

Aurora is about the same size as a human newborn but looks like a developing teenager. She has pea-green hair and eyes that gleam like a starry night.

She dresses in green camouflage clothing, has a small backpack on her back and a bronze dagger at her hip.

Having a bird's eye view of the surroundings, Aurora saw a few Fairies and Elves moving through the branches, giggling and playing.

The branches seem to rustle with fallen leaves as figures move with ease through its foliage.

The Fairies and Elves are codependent upon each other. Fairies, as spirits of the forest, are closely related to Dijon and are his primary caretakers. They maintain the trees, heal the animals and help keep the natural world in balance.

The Elves are the warriors that protect the natural order of nature within the Forest. They occasionally plant beneficial plants and ward off threats to certain animals.

Just like there are different races of humans, so were Fairies and Elves different. Fairies of Light, Darkness, Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, and more exist. There is Night Elves, Forest Elves, Moon Elves, and more.

Unlike other Fairies, Aurora is one without a title.

When a fairy is born, the Fairy Queen will bestow a name and title upon them, but Aurora is an exception as all she got is a name.

She can use all manner of magic, but as a result, she does not have a particular title.

The Fairy Queen could use all forms of magic as well, making everyone ponder if Aurora would become the next Fairy Queen. However, considering Fairies are immortal, that was unlikely.

The Fairy Queen has no reason to abdicate her throne, nor does Aurora want it.

Looking at the desert that seemed omnipresent, Aurora felt her heart grow, and her curiosity blossomed. She wanted to go into the desert to learn more about the hidden parts of her world.

Why was the world destroyed? Would it happen again?

Such thoughts plagued her mind every day. She did not doubt Lord Momonga's strength but could not place everything on Him.

Faith without action, is a psychopath with a dream.

Aurora thought about the Black Desert for many years, but as she didn't want to be grounded, she held back, but her curiosity could not be contained.