ch 1

It was raining despite the clear sky ; she was almost ready to run through the rain as she had no umbrella with her. That's when, an umbrella gave her shelter, making her look back only to find the boy with a smile on his face. Her face lighten up immediately as she met his eyes and a sudden feeling hit her system as she realised the boy leaning forward. Thus she closed her eyes, and waited for the boy to give his touch on her lips.

" Cho Ahri " he suddenly said roughly. She didn't open her eyes with a fear that she wouldn't get the kiss she was desperately waiting for. " Cho Ahri! " - he said again but for some reason it didn't sound like his voice. Before she could understand anything she got startled at a loud noise. " CHO AHRI WAKE UP " , the teacher said banging her desk.

The whole class laughed as she stood up in confusion. She looked at her surrounding as she felt all eyes on her and with a chuckle, she finally realised that she had been sleeping in the class the whole time. The teacher crossed her arms before her chest as she looked at the girl embarrassing herself.
" so miss Cho! come to the board and solve the question. I'm certain that you can do it easily since you have been very attentive in my class " she said sarcastically, which didn't trigger Ahri at all. She walked towards the boards lazily and picked up a chalk, just to write down a whole calculation within minutes. She put down the chalk, and apologised to the teacher before going back to her class. " Everyone! it doesn't matter if you are smart or not, you still need to pay attention to class. Understand Cho Ahri? " the teacher exclaimed before turning herself to the board to continue the class. Ahri nodded.

" So? " Ahri looked in her left, and there sitting her best friend Yunjin, waiting for her to spill the tea. " Minho again? " she scoffed at Ahri whose face turned red only by hearing his name. Ahri lazily stretched her arms over the desk, looking at the boy sitting few seats before her. Yunjin shook her head with a smile. " we were about to kiss this time.." Ahri pouted, and let out a sigh.Yunjin looked at the poor lover girl, " you do know that you look like a fool for liking him who tries to avoid you all the time,right? ". She knew it well - how could she not when the guy she likes, tries to step back when she takes a step towards him. She sat up straight this time, " I know ". She looked at her lap, as she played with her fingers. Yunjin shifted her eyes from the board to the girl, wondering if she hurt her feelings by saying the same thing for the hundredth time. " But " Ahri mumbled, " i don't mind being a fool for Minho ".

She frustrated Yunjin with her stupid grin that she hold for few seconds, before getting scolded by the teacher again. Yunjin has been her friend since kindergarten and she never saw Ahri going crazy over a guy like this. This was as new to her as it was for Ahri herself. And, all of these started on the day when Minho came to their school, earlier this year...

" I heard we have a new student. Isn't it strange to change school in the senior year? " one of the classmates discussed about Minho with Ahri and her friends. " Gyeol! what's your plan for the new kid? Aren't we gonna have some fun? " she heard guys from other section, talking as they passed through the corridor. It's Gyeol's group and they rag anyone who's new in school, no matter who they are. Ahri has protested against them once but seems like it didn't effect them much.

The group waited behind the stairs while Minho headed towards his room after discussing things with the homeroom teacher in the staff room. He was about to climb the stairs when a pair hands pulled the boy towards a corner where he couldn't be seen. It was Ahri who had pressed Minho against the wall with her hand over his mouth, just to stop him from encountering those bullies. Her eyes were impatiently looking here and there with fear of getting caught while Minho's eyes fixed at the girl's anxious face. He grabbed her hand which was covering his mouth only for her to look at him straightly in his eyes. If she had to use a word to describe them, she would've used ' serein ' - full of unexpectedness . His skin was pale like it would easily get marks with even the slightest touch and his scent was fresh as if he just took a shower. Within seconds, she noticed all the attractive points of the boy standing in front of her, including the small mole at the tip of his nose. He smells so nice - " you have something to say? " he questioned the girl who was a little out of zone. She quickly regained her sense and explained the whole situation to him. " It's ok. I can manage this myself ", Minho said trying to get out of the corner but Ahri held his hand again and pulled him back. " are you crazy? those boys will rag you and will probably even make you do things! "

" seems like a 'me' problem "

Ahri looked at the guy leaving the spot from behind - i'm scared.
She didn't want to interfere with his business as he clearly tried to draw a line yet she found herself standing in the midst of the crowd, watching the bullies caging the new guy.

The group tried several ways to mock Minho, who unaffectedly responded. Maybe it was his confidence that got on Gyeol's nerves, hence he grabbed Minho by his collar and pushed him back, making him landed on the ground as a result. " loser " he mouthed under his breath with smirk. He surely was stupid to call Gyeol loser who could definitely beat the shit out of him,  however Ahri found it interesting. He was a bit different than how he shows - she thought. Gyeol and the other boys heated up after Minho mocked them. " what did you just say? did you just call me loser? " minho only flashed a smile in return. " should i ? "

Gyeol's arm swung up with force as to throw a punch which immediately made Ahri close her eyes in fear. However, when she felt something was wrong, she opened her eyes and got frozen to see Gyeol's fist hitting the wall behind Minho instead of him. It was probably his fast reflexes that made him bent down when he knew the punch would hit his face. The group was ofcourse more furious and they would've done something if the teacher didn't come at the right time.

All the students sat on their respective seat when the teacher entered your classroom and called in the new student. " hello everyone! my name's Lee Minho. i hope you won't bother me much ". The teacher gulped at his statement and faked a smile, signalling him to take his seat. He took a seat few seats before Ahri, diagonally ; he put his stuffs and looked back only to meet eyes with her. It was nothing to him but to Ahri - it was the beginning of her everything.

By the time she realised about her feelings, it was already late. She already has given her heart to the boy - without her concern. She started waking up with his thought in mind, she started enjoying coming to school - which she used to not like much, she started following him like a shadow, she didn't know much about the feelings she was experiencing but she was enjoying it. " what are you doing? " Yunjin asked as she spotted the girl sitting alone in a corner in library. " shh - i'm trying to write a letter. A love letter ". Yunjin bursted into laughter because of which she got scolded by the librarian. But it wasn't her fault. Love letters are way too old fashioned ; no one writes them anymore and no one wants to since there are better ways to express their feelings now days. Most of them are straightforward unlike the love letters which hides person's heart in the form of pretty words. " aren't you being too much? love letters are cringey and you are not! " she said to Ahri. " Firstly, i know i'm cool and it's not cringey. secondly, i don't want him to take my feelings lightly. asking him out for a date or giving him a rose would be just to let him know what i feel. What i want is to make him realise that even if we're in busy crowd, my eyes will only search for him. "

Yunjin couldn't say anything. was she moved by my words? maybe. Yunjin could sense the honesty in Ahri's eyes when she talked about her emotions. Eyes never lie - and they did reflect how truly Ahri liked Minho. Yunjin's only fear at that moment was Minho - what if he didn't feel the same - she thought and thought how that would affect her best friend. She feared that it would make her heart crushed down, which Yunjin wouldn't be able to fix. And her fear turned into a reality -

" I'm sorry but I don't like you. Excuse me " Minho said before walking away while Ahri stood in the same position with the letter in her hands. It did hurt, some corner of her heart that beated with Minho's name. It was indeed humiliating. It was against her self respect. Even so, she only wanted to like him more? she couldn't help herself at all - it was a matter of fact that even in his rejection, she found some sort of spell that tangled her thoughts and pulled her closer to him.

" Minho, i won't give up on you "

🐰: thank you for giving "serein" a chance. i hope you'll enjoy the story!