ch 8

Yunjin and the two boys were busy clicking photos, with Jisung's brand new camera and thus they couldn't hear their phone's ring when Minho and Ahri were calling them again and again. " where did Minho go by the way? " Jisung asked when he noticed that Minho wasn't there with them. Changbin had a mischievous smile on his face when he said, " he went to give Ahri her bag. "

" It's not mine! " Ahri grunted as Minho showed the bag he brought with him to give her back. " what do you mean it's not yours! Changbin said - " and suddenly Minho realised that he was pranked on. He looked at her awkwardly as he knew what she thinking - does he never notice me? or my bag? - Ofcourse he notices her otherwise how would know that she always rolls down her socks when she feels stuffy, that she doesn't like the two strands of her hair that falls down to her face whenever she lowers her head and often keeps them clipped to the back, or that her ear gets red when she feels embarrassed and nervous, like right now. Does he notice her more than he should? maybe. He just knew that if she was wondering if he never noticed her, then its answer was no. Actually, the moment when Changbin told him to give her the bag, he didn't get to see it well before started running. Now he regretted his action.

The day was turning bad bit by bit anyways, when it started raining too. There were no dark clouds and the sun was still shining like an usual day, the only thing was different was the rain. It was sunshower.
The pair stood under the little portico over the rooftop door, which could only give shelter to one. So, both of them were getting rained partly and the thing was - Ahri didn't mind it at all. She could happily stand in rain if she could stand beside Minho.

" come closer! or you'll catch cold " Minho broke the silence suddenly, making Ahri a bit startled. She didn't know what to say or do, so she stood still, pretending like she didn't hear him at all. Since she didn't move, Minho pulled her to him on his own, only for her to land on his arms. The sun shone brightly to the view of her young love blooming all over again, as she looked at his eyes that had no sign of looking away. For that moment, for that only single moment, she wished the time to get stopped even if she was uncomfortable with the rising temperature of her body.

Minho wasn't any better. He could feel his heart pumping like it would explode any moment. And her front hair that was mostly wet because of the rain, making her look more breathtaking, was no help at all. He had no choice but to admit, that he was under her influence already.

But in the mean time, Ahri had to snitch my god! She cursed at herself. At this point, she was the biggest villain of her love life, wasn't she? Both stood awkwardly by each other and they kept quiet until Minho said, " isn't it quite interesting how it's raining yet it's sunny? " The question caught Ahri's attention, as she recalled a very old folktale her grandmother used to say when she was a kid. " They say, a lovelorn lady fox was in love with a tiger but the tiger married someone else. So it is believed that the lady fox cries whenever it sunshowers. " Minho listened to her without interrupting, till she got completely silent. When he looked down at her from his height, he found the girl lost in her own world. She looked a bit sad, so Minho asked if everything was okay.

" I'm just thinking how i used to get amazed of this folktale back then. but now when i recalled its story, i think it is quite sad. the fox couldn't complete her love story and it would indeed hurt to see someone you love getting married to someone else. "

The boy was left with no words in his mind. If it was someone else, he would've probably made fun of them for taking a story so seriously, but it was Ahri. It's her habit to take everything to her heart and think from their depth. He didn't want to cut off the wings of her imagination! It would be cruel of him to tell her that it was just folktale and there was no fox that loved tiger.

" Maybe the tiger also loved the fox but the fox failed to realise its feelings. "
He said without looking at her, because no way he could say that otherwise. The girl looked up at him and a smile formed on her lips. " you're quite optimistic " - was what she said in return. He was being honest not optimistic and it turned out that Ahri was also silly fox who couldn't understand the acceptance hidden in Minho's denial.

The next day, Ahri didn't attend school. She enjoyed the time she spent with Minho in the rain but because of that, she caught cold. All of her friends missed her as the group didn't feel completed without her, but among them Minho missed her the most. Ofcourse he didn't admit it himself but god ( Changbin) knows everything and it was confirmed when he was the one who made the plan to visit her in her apartment.

Ahri was watching some korean dramas when she heard the doorbell. She never had guests before so it was her first time hearing the sound of her doorbell and it obviously shocked the poor girl who was yet suffering from headaches and what not. She peeked from the small spyhole and the first thing she saw was the big eyes of Changbin that were also peeking from outside, that freaked her before she saw his whole face. Holding the door wide open, she suddenly realised that she was still wearing her shorts when the boys turned around and she opened the door again only when she was dressed decently.
" Here! mom made you chicken soup. it will help your sore throat . " Changbin said handing Ahri a bag before entering the apartment.

" Ahri! i bought you some meds for fever. I get high fever when i catch cold, so if you feel like that, you can take these " - Yunjin said offering her a package. Ahri thanked her with a warm smile as she didn't what else she could say to show her gratitude towards those beautiful people whom she could call real friends. Her eyes darted towards Minho who was sitting awkwardly as if it was his first time meeting her. She also felt something holding back from talking to him directly - maybe because they weren't alone this time. And after spending sometime, the group finally decided to left. Ahri locked the door after them and made her way towards her bed, when suddenly the doorbell rang again.

She opened the door to find Minho standing with a plastic bag in his hand.
" i ordered this for you but the delivery man took long so -" he said scratching his back as he handed her the bag. There was varieties of food in little boxes, piled up one above the other. He was about to walk away when she called him out.

" if you want, we can share this " she said showing the bag.

The pair sat down in Ahri's sitting area, with the boxes of food Minho bought for her. It's been a long since she had a meal in her home. She doesn't have a lot of good memories when it comes to food. She doesn't even remember when was the last time she had meal with her family without having to hear arguments. " are you not hungry? or is the food taste bad? " Minho asked looking at the girl who played with her food instead of eating. " no. it's just.. thank you for coming to see me. " She said, stuffing her mouth a spoon full of soup. Minho still couldn't understand her completely ; she often makes him rethink about everything he does and says something that doesn't fit right to his dictionary. It was how she was. Wierd.

" Go take medicine and rest! i'll do the dishes " he suggested as he stood up.

" No, you're not washing dishes. Just go home! i'll manage "

Minho tilted his head with annoyance. He towered the girl who felt small in front of him, before turning her around and pushing her towards her bedroom. He almost made her walk to the bed before she surprisingly turned back without any heads up and lose balance, leading to her fall on the bed with Minho on top of her. One second, two second... ten seconds? but Minho didn't move from his position. He was almost used to her clumsiness by now and he found it cute when she tried to get out of the position though she couldn't with him hovering her. And suddenly, Minho got a grip on her hands that were struggling to push him away.

" if you want me to listen to you, then you'll have to do something in return . "