ch 5

1 year ago ; the senior school boy Minho was taking the final exam. He was so puzzled up in the question paper that he didn't notice the person standing right in front of his desk until the person tapped on his shoulder. It was the vice principal and his surprise appearance had left the boy a bit stunned. " you need to come with me " - was the only line he heard before getting stood up in front of the exam council that was held for some serious case. A student had been caught cheating during the exam and he was none but Minho.

Minho's eyes couldn't match the principal's eyes as he stood in front of the old man. " Minho! you've been a good student. You have a decent record in school and i personally know that you are not someone who can do such thing. Please explain this! " He didn't know what to say. He did cheat - why? because he was tired. He was tired of working hard but not getting the result he wanted, the result his parents wanted. He was tired of failing his parents' expectations. He was just tired of pleading for the love he needed from his parents, in exchange of maintaining a good student record just for them to show off.

That's when Minho's parents entered and the first thing Minho's father did was smack Minho's face with his middle aged hand, that almost made Minho lose his balance. " you are such a disgrace " - was the only thing he said to Minho, even before hearing anything from his side. Minho didn't react much as he felt his heart shatter into pieces with his parents' sharp words. " Sorry Mr. Lee, you do know what's the rule for cheating in final exam. We don't have any option. " They only passed their judgements to him without knowing what was going through him. He felt like he had no right to explain himself for what he did.

Minho was rusticated from school.

" How can we believe you? you didn't even join us last night. that's make us more suspicious about you! " Minho got back to sense as one of his classmates asked and the only thing he could do is stand with a heavy heart.

" I believe him! " and suddenly a voice entered the crowd, that made the crowd part into two, making a way for the owner of the voice. " i believe him. i know he didn't do anything " . The sunlight coming from the door flashed right behind her back, making her stand out even more as she talked. " Ahri? do you know about this? " the teacher said to her with a surprise look. Everyone stayed silent with curious faces towering over the small girl. " no " - she said in a beat and everyone sighed.

" But ", she made her way towards the boy who was yet surprised to see her there and held his hands with confidence as she stood by his side. " I believe that Minho can't do anything like this. I trust him. " She looked up her side while he was already looking at her. He felt his racing heart calming down the minute she looked at him with trust. He suddenly felt strong in front of all those people and that he's no longer alone.

" Ahri! i'm sorry but we have evidence here. So we can't let this matter slide just on the basis of your beliefs. Lee Minho, you'll have to come to school in summer vacation too as a punishment. "

" that's not- " Ahri was about to defend but Minho held her by her arm. " ok sir ", Minho said and dismissed the case there.

" But that's absurd. Why are you getting punishment even though you didn't do anything. It's not fair. We need to- "

The girl kept on mumbling without noticing how Minho's eyes were glued on her face. He was feeling overwhelmed with emotions unfamiliar to him. He was disturbed with the statement that woke him this morning but suddenly he didn't care about it anymore. He wasn't understanding what he was feeling towards the girl who held his hand in a crowded room and fought against everyone for him and before he knew, he was fighting the urge to wrap her in his arms.

" and you know we can write petitions.."

" you talk too much! " was the line he used again to brush off these tingling feelings. Ahri shut her mouth immediately and lowered her head because she was genuinely feeling bad for him. " I'm okay just so you know. I don't care what they say. " Minho said and Ahri pouted unknowingly with annoyance. fuck!

" it's good that you don't care but by not doing anything, you're just supporting the one who did wrong with you. " Ahri pointed out and Minho listened her lecture without a complain.

" Now if you're done, come with me! " Minho commented before pulling the girl by her wrist to outside. He made her seat and went inside again only to came out after a while, with a first aid box in his hand. He opened the box and placed Ahri's feet on his ham as he got on one knee. " What're you doing? " a small voice left her mouth but Minho didn't answer to her and applied some ointment on her bare ankle which was wounded since yesterday. " how did you know.." Ahri mumbled under her breath, yet Minho heard it. You can't even take care of yourself but you are willing to fight , so stupid - he thought.

" Why did you believe me? " he questioned after treating her ankle and looked up to meet her eyes that were fixed at his sight. " i can really be the one who actually brought the bottle." He added jokingly. Her eyes didn't move an inch from his face, as if she wanted to show him how obvious it is for her to believe him. " I believe you because you can speak without stealing glances. If you were lying, you wouldn't be able to speak looking in the eyes. " She reasoned.
The boy's body suddenly moved forward on its own as if he no longer had control over it and placed his hands on both sides of her figure. His eyes didn't try to run away this time and he looked at the girl to make her fall in love all over again. She forgot how to breath as she was held up by his gaze in a way that she wouldn't be able describe to anyone.

" I don't like people who talks a lot. I find them annoying. But.. i want to hear you, talking about your so-called poets and novelists and their written quotes about love that fascinates your heart. i want to hear your voice everyday. "

She watched the boy with slow heavy breath leaving her lungs. What kind of a sudden confession is that? she wondered but didn't dare to say anything. If it's a dream, please don't wake me up!

Alas! her dream didn't last long and it shattered the minute Minho pushed himself back. " See, i lied without stealing glances. Maybe it's not the best idea to find out if a person is lying.. or not " he said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.
What was he thinking? why did he even do that? He's not someone to play around like this and especially with words.

It took some moments for Ahri to figure out what just happened as she was completely into the moment. But she also couldn't do anything besides smiling nervously in that situation. Her reddened cheeks already could describe how she was feeling from inside - completely shaken off.