ch 4

The exam was over and it was time for them to go on their camping trip.

They finally reached their destination ; the place was nice, the cottage where they were going to stay was also good. What wasn't good was that they had to do everything on their own. " Isn't this cheating? they are playing with our emotions " Jisung jeered with tears as he cut onions. Yunjin hit him on his head slightly as he was acting too much. " Yaah kids, you can rest. Why worrying about cooking when Changbin is here with you " , Changbin dramatically said. Well, he was indeed good in cooking, so the students stopped stressing over that task and went away to do other chores.

Minho was preparing for bonfire and barbecue with other students and Ahri was just pretending to work while keeping an eye on him. Soon the Sun set and the site lighten up with bonfire in the middle. Food, music, games - everything was there and everyone was enjoying. Only Ahri wasn't, because Minho was not there. She walked back towards their cottage in a hope to find Minho there and ofcourse, he was there, sitting outside alone, under the moonlight. " aren't you going to join them? " Ahri asked as she approached Minho. He didn't say anything and just shook his head. Ahri found it a bit awkward yet she sat down beside him. " why did you come back? " he asked without looking at her. " oh - i just have a h-headache yeah! " she made up cuz she didn't want him to think of her as some creep, who follows him around everywhere. But Minho already could sense that she was lying and the reason was something else. He knew she wanted to spend time with him, he wasn't dumb to not notice things yet he decided to let her be.

" The moon is looking pretty, isn't it? "

Ahri got flustered when Minho said that. No way he knows the meaning right? Why would he say that then? Minho looked at the girl this time, who was thinking something really hard on her own. " are you okay? "

" huh? yeah! i - i'm okay. do you perhaps..know the meaning of this phrase? the moon is pretty isn't it "

" it means moon is looking beautiful " Minho shrugged his shoulders and it immediately made Ahri chuckle. He didn't understand why she reacted like that. I didn't say anything funny right? he thought.

" A long time ago when the Japanese novelist Natsume Soseki was working as an English teacher, one of his students translated "i love you" word to word into Japanese. When Natsume Soseki heard that, he said Japanese people wouldn't say it like that and asked him to change it to " the moon is pretty, isn't it? ". So the phrase has its own meaning. " Ahri said looking up at the moon with a smile while the boy sitting beside her looked at her without blinking, holding his chest in order to calm his heart that was pounding like crazy. Her words tickled his inside and was trying to make him say things his mind didn't allow him to. Was Ahri always this beautiful or was it just his imagination - he was in complete vacillation. He didn't want to accept the fact that he liked her presence at that moment. So he said, " you talk too much " and didn't let his thoughts overpower him.. at least for that night.

She chuckled. Am I scaring him with all these romantic things? She kept quiet for sometime before started talking again. Usually, she stays silent and feels socially awkward with people she doesn't know well. She didn't know Minho well either, yet she felt unbelievably comfortable with him. He wasn't doing or saying anything romantic, but to her, sitting beside him in silence under the moonlight, was itself romance. She didn't want anything else.

She kept on talking and talking until Minho's head fell on her shoulder. Her heart did a wierd thing and she felt like everything paused for a second, even her breath. She looked over her shoulder and there he was, sleeping soundly without a care. It gave Ahri bubbles in stomach. She looked up at the moon again with a smile - " the moon is pretty, isn't it? "