008

chan sighed in relief as he finally got his phone to turn on. he had dropped it and shattered the screen the week prior and wasn't able to get it fixed until today. his notifications went off one after another as he watched silently. he noticed one number in particular that showed up more than once. he clicked on it and was surprised to see a week's worth of messages waiting for him. after reading the messages, he realized that the person sending them now knew he had read them. his heart was beating as he hurriedly turned his phone off and threw it on his bed. he heard light footsteps by his door and then a soft knock before the door was being opened.

"hi channie! the kitties wanted to come and see you," minho purred out as he stepped inside, dori in his arms, soongie and doongi coming in shortly after him. he padded over to chans bed and sat on it, handing the cat over to chan. the older male smiled and ran his hand over dori, hearing the cat purr in his arms.

"min, if someone texts you for a week thinking you're their ex, what do you do?"

chan looked up at minho and found the man giving him a piercing gaze.

"where's your phone?"

the blonde reached over and grabbed his phone, unlocking it and handing it to minho. he watched as his best friend read through the messages of the stranger, his face changing from confusion to anger and then to sadness as he his finger scrolled up.

"i know this kid. he's a friend of sungs. he's really nice. i'm surprised he seems so heartbroken. "

chan frowned as he grabbed his phone from minho to look at the messages again, his eyes falling over a name he hadn't seen when he was reading the messages himself.

"who's this changbin guy he keeps referring to? does he go to our uni or something?"

minho raised his eyebrow as he looked at chan like he was incredibly dumb for not knowing who changbin was.

"he's dating jeongin, the rowdy new kid? the really buff guy? the one sung is always hanging out with."

chans expression went from one of confusion to realization as he continued to pet dori. his eyes gazed over to his phone as he let his lips settle into a frown. how could someone ever treat a person so bad that he can't even eat, let alone feel like he wasn't good enough?

"no one deserves to be treated like how he was treated."

"so, be the good guy you are and cheer him up. i'm sure he needs it. especially since he thinks changbin is keeping sung from him."

chan nodded, his hands still roaming over dori's grey fur. minho watched chan with a soft gaze before he clicked his tongue and stood up, causing the older male to look up at him with confusion.

"i'm gonna cook dinner, d'you want me to leave the cats here?"

"yeah, you can."

minho gave him a short nod before waddling to the door, opening it and stepping out before closing it behind him.

"well, dori, looks like we have some cheering up to do, huh?"