021

the rest of the time spent at the shared dorm of minho and chan was awkward. felix and the older shared shy giggles when accidentally brushing against each other or making eye contact across the table. minho and jisung were confused, to say the least. they stared at each other with raised eyebrows before jisung shrugged and went back to eating his food.

"how was the mario kart? did you have fun lix?"

"uh, it was cool i guess. hyung beat me in every match though." felix mumbled before stuffing his mouth with food, presumably to keep jisung from asking him questions. jisung only nodded, continuing to eat his own food.

"so nothing weird happened right?"

chan paused, eyes lingering on his food before looking up to meet minho's piercing gaze.

"no, we just played mario kart?" minho hummed, stared at chan for a few seconds more then returned to his food. silence followed after that. maybe the occasional glance from felix and chan and the subtle look between jisung and minho after that. it was awkward between the two. and noticeable. very noticeable. after dinner was finished and dishes were moved to the sink, felix wanted to go home and collapse into bed.

"i'm stuffed, i think i'm gonna head home. ji? are you walking me back?"

jisung looked up from his spot on the couch and gave felix a sheepish grin.

"sorry lix. i'm gonna stay the night. maybe hyung can walk you home?" at the mention of himself, chan looked up.

"oh sure, i'll walk you home." chan nodded and stood up from his seat, grabbing his phone off the table in the process. "i'll be back soon." minho nodded and watched silently as chan opened the door, letting the younger step out before him. once the door was shut, minho turned to jisung with a deadpan expression.

"bet twenty dollars they're gonna kiss and chan is gonna be the one to do it."

"well i bet felix is gonna be the one to do it."

"get ready to hand me my money." jisung rolled his eyes and looked away. how little minho knew about his best friend.

*

there was an awkward silence engulfing chan and felix as they walked down the street. they weren't walking side by side like usual, instead stood those few steps apart. felix wanted to get closer and make some witty comment but his limbs felt numb and his mouth felt dry.

when they had reached felix's apartment door, he reached under chan's hoodie and grabbed his keys out of his jacket pocket. he reached up to unlock the door. once he got it open he huffed and pushed the door open, ready to step in until he heard chan's voice call out behind him.

"lixie?"

"hm?" felix hummed, turning to face the brunette.

"i'm sorry.. for earlier. for trying to kiss you." chan muttered out, rubbing the back of his neck. felix only stared, eyes unreadable. "i don't know where—"

chan was cut off by the sight of felix leaning up and the feeling of soft lips on his own. he froze, breath halting as a million tingling sensations ran through his body. after a few seconds felix pulled back, a giddy smile on his lips as he looked up at chan.

"i don't mind, channie."

"huh? oh, oh yeah." felix giggled, stepping backwards into his apartment, leaning on the door frame and still giving the older that giddy smile. "see you later channie. get home safe, yeah?"

chan could only nod as he watched felix close the door behind him. his fingers softly prodded at his lips as he turned and began making his way back to his dorm. the whole way back he could only smile. when he finally got back to his dorm inside, jisung and minho were still sat on the couch, both looking at him.

"what's got you all smiley, hyung?" jisung asked with a small smirk on his face. that twenty dollars was his for sure now.

"he kissed me. felix kissed me." chan didn't say anything more and walked into his room, shutting the door behind him. once they heard the click of the door, minho groaned and grabbed a twenty out of his wallet, shoving it into his boyfriends hands.

"i told you baby."

"just be quiet."