Preface

"In the olden days, hundreds of years ago, there was a sense of peace all determined by an arranged marriage. 

And as tradition, when both parties became of age, their union would save the kingdoms from war. The Northerners would share their crops and the Southerners would share their livestock and catches from sea. All coming together for the better of the people.

Prince Jeremy of the South was a fine young prince. He was tall, with dark long hair, skilled in using a sword and practicing magic. 

Prince Christian of the North was another fine prince. Prince of our Kingdom to be precise. But his world changed when his younger sister, the Princess Anastasia entered the world. 

There had finally been a successful heir that could marry another heir after hundreds of years of boy heirs. We finally had a princess. 

And so as the story goes, Prince Jeremy and Princess Anastasia were to be wed when she turned eighteen. Prince Jeremy was a few decades older but in the terms of longevity, they would be a true match.

In order to make the union easier, as soon as the princess turned 16, she traveled south to spent time and days with the prince getting to know him better. Peace was the ultimate goal and so the King and Queen knew it had to work." 

Riley interrupted her mother, "Skip to the good part where they fall in love, so that Stasi can hear the good part." She shushed her and glanced at all three of us. Riley's brother nudged my shoulder making me smile.

"The Princess and Prince fell in love, they had common interests in reading, gardening, their royal magic. It seemed like a perfect match. The princess had long flowing golden hair that was quite the contrast to the prince's dark hair. But it was beautiful.

For two years they interacted going from strangers to friends to the days before their wedding."

I gulped, knowing the sad part coming next. It wasn't a secret about what had happened. 

"The princess was due North for the final preparations when she vanished. Prince Jeremy blames the North and our Royal Family blame him, causing the painful war for the last hundreds of years. The princess has not been found but we all pray for her return."

"The world needs more healers, Stasi." She turned to me. "As payment for saving your life, you'll need to train with my children to be a healer so that one day you can return the favor to someone who needs it because this war isn't going anywhere."