Gouda Grief

INT. SCHOOL COUNSELOR'S OFFICE - DAY

The door creaks open as MONTANA JACK, a muscular teenage rat boy with brown fur, enters the office. He looks around, taking in the surroundings, before spotting the empty chair across from JEREMIAH WHIZ's desk. Montana Jack walks over, his red school turtleneck contrasting against his fur, and takes a seat, waiting patiently for the counselor.

Jeremiah Whiz, a white mouse with blue eyes and a scar over one eye, wearing a dark purple suit with a blue tie, looked up from his desk as Montana Jack entered.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Ah, young Montana Jack, tell me about yourself."

MONTANA JACK

"Well I'm a student at Brentwood Academy. Uh..."

Montana Jack takes a few seconds to think of anything interesting about himself.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Ok... and what has brought you here? Is there any particular cause for your..."

Jeremiah looks down at the files.

JEREMIAH WHIZ (CONT'D)

"Behaviour problems?"

MONTANA JACK

"I don't know. I guess I was a bully because my grandfather made me feel weak."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Hm. Tell me about your grandfather."

MONTANA JACK

"Well his name is Feta. He's a karate sensei. I want to be strong like him."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"I... see... and you think that bullying people will make you stronger?"

MONTANA JACK

"Yes, something like that."

Montana's lips curl into a small smile of understanding.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Tell me, my young guest. Does this 'bullying' of yours have anything to do with Batman? I've heard some ridiculous stories recently."

MONTANA JACK

"I mean, he does leave the other guy sprawled out on his back, right? They get bruised and sore but Batman isn't considered a bad guy."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"You compare the actions of Batman to yours, a child who beats his peers. Are you implying that the actions of a trained vigilante are the same as your bullying? Is that what you're trying to say?"

MONTANA JACK

"I..."

Montana blushes as he realizes what Jeremiah said.

MONTANA JACK

"It sounds...dumb when you say it."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Correct, it does. Because it is. Now. I want you to look at me."

Jeremiah stares down Montana Jack.

Montana Jack looks at Jeremiah, a look of meekness appearing on Montana's face.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"You are no Batman. You are nothing more than a petty little bully, who picks on those weaker than him to feel power over another person. And I'll make sure you never pick on anyone ever again. Got it?"

MONTANA JACK

"G-got it."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"I don't believe you. Say it again... say it with purpose, say it like you mean it."