Gouda Grief Part 3

FADE IN:

INT. LIBRARY - DAY

Montana Jack sits at a secluded corner of the library, wearing his old circular glasses, trying to hide himself from the world. He flips through a book, attempting to escape into its pages.

CUT TO:

INT. BRENTWOOD ACADEMY - HALLWAY - DAY

On Thursday, it happens. While Montana Jack is walking past some of his previous victims, they run up in front of him, blocking his path, then they surround him. Each one of them takes a hold of Montana, holding him still. Then one of them, a tough looking older boy, looks down and asks.

BULLY

"What do we have here, a former bully?"

Montana Jack gets a wedgie, revealing yellow boxers with cheese print patterns and a black waistband.

MONTANA JACK

"H-hey..!! Put me down!! P-please...?"

Montana Jack blushes.

A student points.

STUDENT 1

"Nice underwear NERD~!"

They start laughing at him, mocking him, then one of them pulls his head back and punches him in the stomach.

They all start laughing more, mocking the young boy's crying.

Suddenly, a professor emerges from the crowd, breaking up the fight. Unfortunately, the professor makes a mistaken assumption, blaming Montana Jack for starting the altercation based on his prior history of bullying incidents. Montana Jack is then sent to Jeremiah's office, a punishment he never anticipated.

CUT TO:

INT. SCHOOL COUNSELOR'S OFFICE - DAY

Jeremiah sighs.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Well well well, Montana. You've been in trouble before, correct?"

He stands up, and leans on his desk, looking at Montana coldly.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Tell me child, did you start this fight?"

MONTANA JACK

"No no no. I swear."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"I see, I see."

He looks down, writing more things down in the clipboard

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"So. Tell me. These children, why did they come after you?"

MONTANA JACK

"They said it was because I was a former bully..."

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"I see... So these children, were they, in an organized manner, bullying you, because of your previous bullying?"

MONTANA JACK

"K-kinda."

Montana blushes.

Jeremiah's smile widens.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Are you suggesting that these children have been bullying you for your previous bullying?"

MONTANA JACK

"Yes, sir..."

Montana looks down, embarrassed.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"The world works in funny ways, doesn't it, Montana..."

He says that with a strange look in his eye, like he's relishing something, perhaps.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"And these children. Do you think it's fair that you be ridiculed, by them, bullied by these little children for your bullying?"

Montana looks up.

MONTANA JACK

"No, I don't think it's fair..."

Jeremiah leans back, looking at Montana as he continues.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"And would you like to see these children face the consequences of their actions, in the same way you faced the consequences of your actions?"

MONTANA JACK

"Yes...I think that'd be fair."

Jeremiah lets out that strange laugh, unlike any other, deep and throaty, before continuing.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Yes! That would be fair indeed. A fair world is a just world, eh, Montana?"

MONTANA JACK

"I would think so."

Jeremiah smiles, not a kind, normal smile. It's a twisted and cruel smile.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"Very well. I'll get to work on that..."

He writes some things quickly in the clipboard.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"You may be dismissed."

MONTANA JACK

"Yes, sir."

Montana Jack gets up and leaves. Jeremiah let's out another cruel laugh behind Montana's back, before leaning back in his chair, as if nothing ever happened.

JEREMIAH WHIZ

"I do so love my job..."

He says that under his breath, as a twisted, cruel smile curls on his lips.

FADE TO BLACK