Chapter 14

They each took a weekend away.

Klaus and Hayley had the house to themselves, which Vivalda was sure would lead to something positive. Somehow, someway, being cooped up alone together would have to encourage them to talk to each other, and when they did, they'd undoubtedly learn something new and with a bit of luck, find respect in their shared endeavor of co-parenting.

She and Rebekah had forced Elijah to take a spa package in Cancún, keeping him out of their way so they could do as they pleased and he could take the edge off. While the elder Mikaelson sister had gone back to Chicago, Vivalda had made her way up to New York, where Lucien was waiting.

"I have missed you so much," panted Lucien between desperate kisses, keeping her pressed to his bed. "And now you're all mine, for three entire days."

"Don't get too excited," she giggled, arching her back as he slid himself down between her legs. "I told you that I let Tristan know I'd be here! He's going to arrive tomorrow."

He grumbled, eliciting another giggle from her. "Don't be mad," she whined when he started nibbling on her thigh, a bit harder than he normally did. "It's only fair! You know I communicate with the both of you equally."

"I can still complain and be selfish, it riles you up," he said before biting in. She reached for his hair, giving it a firm tug as he started to feed through her femoral artery.

She tried to cover her mouth, keeping her noises contained. Lucien let go of her, sitting up and taking her wrists in his hand, forcing them away before he sank back down, biting in once more.

"You devil," she groaned, wrapping her legs around his head. Her mind began to grow fuzzy, and she felt ready to pass out just before he stopped feeding, climbing back onto her and bringing her head to his neck so she could bite in. While she fed, he connected their bodies, snaking a hand into her hair to detach her so he could press their lips together.

She wasn't sure at what moment she sensed someone watching them, but she knew she didn't nurse the curiosity to look right away. It wasn't until Lucien had tried turning her onto her hands and knees that she let out a squeal of surprise, seeing Tristan in the doorway, eyes wide.

"We're having a moment here," said Lucien, annoyed, covering Vivalda with the sheet.

"We weren't expecting you so soon," said Vivalda, sitting up. "Oh, darling–" she noticed how red his face was.

"You were watching us and now you're getting shy?" said Lucien in disbelief. "This is ridiculous–" he pulled the blanket off of Vivalda, laying her back down. "I refuse to be interrupted."

"No!" she squeaked, knowing that while Tristan and Lucien seemed to enjoy watching each other kissing her, she wasn't sure that would also apply with something more intimate. "We can– we can continue it later."

"I-I wouldn't want to be a bother," said Tristan hastily. He made no move to leave, however, as if he knew what the other two were thinking deep down. If this had happened the other way around, if Lucien had walked in on Vivalda and Tristan, he'd be more likely to stay and taunt them. Walking away gave Lucien more power.

Lucien seemed to know this, too. He smirked, beginning to move his hips again, staring directly at Tristan. "Go on, then," he said, goading him. "If you're going to watch, do it properly."

"Lucien, let him be," whined Vivalda.

"No, no, love, he was there for quite awhile before we realized. He was enjoying it. In fact, I think he wishes he was the one on top of you. But he's too meek to make it happen, isn't he?"