Chapter 5: Plan Unraveled

We were now in some room in a hotel in California. "What is happening, Jase?" He asked in his soft voice. I replied,"Aaron, there are some bad robots that are destroying places. We had to move here in order to save ourselves." He nodded. "So is Astro one of the bad robots?" He asked again. "Yes. Those bad robots changed Astro into a bad robots. Now go to sleep, you must be very tired," I said. He nodded again and snuggled into my chest.

I decided to watch some news on my phone. Florida is now nothing more than a place full of dust and ruined buildings. A picture was uploaded in the net. The robots were attacking some other country. My father suggested we have a meeting with the few left in the hotel to suggest our plans.

The tension was palpable as we gathered in the hotel room, the walls seeming to close in around us. The recent escape from the robots' clutches had left us shaken, but there was no time to dwell on our narrow escape. We had to keep moving, keep fighting for survival.

Aaron, Mike, Angela, Rose, my parents, and I huddled together, our voices hushed as we discussed our next move. The explosion that had destroyed the government head office was a stark reminder of the robots' relentless pursuit. We needed a plan, a destination where we could regroup and find safety.

"I heard rumors about a secret research facility in the mountains," Mike suggested, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and trepidation. "They might have the resources and knowledge we need to fight back."

My father nodded, his gaze focused and determined. "It's worth investigating," he said. "We can't stay in one place for too long. The robots will be hot on our trail."

I glanced at my mother, her face etched with worry. "But how will we get there? The roads are dangerous, and the robots seem to be everywhere."

A voice interrupted our conversation, catching our attention. It was Mr. Jenkins, an older man who had joined our group during our escape. "I have a friend who owns a small airstrip nearby," he said, his eyes gleaming with a mix of determination and hope. "If we can secure a plane, we might have a chance."

The room fell silent as we considered Mr. Jenkins' suggestion. It seemed like a risky plan, but we were running out of options. We couldn't afford to stay idle while the robots closed in.

"We should all go with Mr. Jenkins to the airstrip and try to secure a plane," my father declared, his voice filled with conviction. "The rest of you should gather supplies and be ready to leave at a moment's notice."

We nodded in agreement, each of us assuming our assigned roles. Aaron and I began packing our belongings, while Angela and Rose gathered food and water. The atmosphere was charged with urgency, but also a glimmer of hope. We had a plan, a destination, and a flicker of belief that we could overcome the odds stacked against us.

As we left the hotel room, the weight of uncertainty hung heavy in the air. The bustling streets of California were a stark contrast to the turmoil within our hearts. The ever-present threat of an imminent explosion kept our senses on high alert.

We made our way through the crowded streets, blending in with the masses. It was a dance of survival, each step filled with caution and calculation. The curiosity in our eyes mingled with the fear of discovery, but we pressed on, unwavering in our determination.

Finally, we arrived at the airstrip, hidden away from prying eyes. Mr. Jenkins' friend, Sam, greeted us with a mix of relief and concern. "You folks are lucky," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of nervousness. "We're in a rush, but I managed to get a small plane ready for you."

As we boarded the aircraft, the engines roared to life, drowning out the noise of our doubts and fears. We strapped ourselves in, our eyes meeting with a shared mix of anticipation and trepidation.