Chapter 20: Quest for Our Parents and The Truth

I stood there, gazing at the hacker with a mixture of gratitude and sadness. We had finally obtained the information we needed to reprogram the robots and bring about a glimmer of hope in this chaos-stricken world. The hacker had been our guide, our beacon of knowledge, and now it was time to bid farewell.

"Thank you," I said, my voice filled with genuine appreciation. "We couldn't have come this far without your help. You've shown us the way, and for that, we'll be forever grateful."

The hacker smiled warmly, a hint of pride in their eyes. "It was my pleasure to assist you, Justin. You and your friends have shown great courage and resilience. Remember, the fate of your parents lies in your hands. Stay strong, stay united, and never lose sight of your goal."

We exchanged heartfelt goodbyes, and as we left the hacker's hidden abode, a sense of determination swelled within me. It was time to find our parents, to seek the truth that had eluded us for far too long. But as I walked, my thoughts began to wander, and doubts started to creep into my mind.

Had I been blind to the truth all along? Anna, the person I once trusted, had kept so many secrets from us. How could I have missed it? Our relationship was built on a foundation of lies, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was deeply wrong.

As we traversed the familiar paths we had taken before, a sense of unease settled in. It was as if fate was leading us back to where it all began, back to Anna's refuge camp. The realization struck me like a lightning bolt, and I shared my suspicions with Mike, Angela, and Astro.

"Why are we being led back to Anna's camp?" I pondered aloud. "Could it be that our parents are there? But why would Anna keep them captive? What does she gain from it?"

Confusion and anger mingled within us as we approached the camp. The location marker on our devices clearly pointed to this place, indicating that our parents were indeed within its walls. Our emotions ran high, a turbulent storm of fury and betrayal.

With apprehension and fury burning in my veins, we confronted Anna. She tried to deny any involvement, but the evidence was overwhelming. Her eyes darted nervously, betraying the guilt she desperately sought to conceal.

"You... you're the reason our parents have been kept captive!" I shouted, my voice quivering with anger. "How could you do this to us? What twisted motive drives you?"

Anna's face contorted with a mix of defiance and sorrow. "I had my reasons, Justin. Reasons that you wouldn't understand."

Her words only fueled my anger, pushing me to the edge. I couldn't bear the thought of my parents suffering at her hands any longer. The anger consumed me, blurring my vision and drowning out reason.

With a surge of adrenaline, I lunged towards Anna, my fists clenched tight. Mike, Angela, and Astro tried to restrain me, their voices filled with concern and caution. But the overwhelming desire for justice propelled me forward.

"Show us where our parents are!" I demanded, my voice seething with fury. "You will pay for what you've done!"

Anna, defeated and cornered, finally relented. She led us through the camp, her steps heavy with guilt. The air was thick with tension as we reached a hidden underground chamber.

As the door swung open, the sight that greeted us was heart-wrenching. Our parents, frail and worn, sat huddled in a corner, their eyes filled with a mix of hope and despair. The sight of their weary faces shattered my anger, replaced by a profound sadness. How could someone betray their trust so mercilessly? Tears welled up in my eyes at the sight of their suffering, and I rushed to their side, embracing them tightly.

"Mum, Dad, we've come to rescue you," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "We won't let you suffer any longer."

They held onto me tightly, their feeble frames trembling with relief and gratitude. It was a bittersweet moment, knowing that we had finally found them but also realizing the immense pain they had endured. I glanced over at Mike and Angela, who had found their parents in a similar state. Our eyes met, silently acknowledging the shared weight of our sorrow.