Chapter 6: Our First Battle

I never thought I'd see the day when humans and robots were fighting side by side, fighting for our very survival. It's a strange world we live in, where machines have turned against us. But here I am, right in the middle of it all, battling alongside our mechanical allies.

As I look around, the chaos is overwhelming. Buildings crumble, smoke fills the air, and the sounds of explosions echo in the distance. The war between humans and robots has ravaged our once-thriving cities, leaving nothing but devastation in its wake. But we refuse to go down without a fight.

We've been hiding from those robots for far too long now. It's time to fight back. They are going to find us in one way or another so it's best we start preparing for this war. Scientists,who are still working on our project to live in space, sent us about a few robots and weapons that will help us during the war.

We are in one of the forests in California right now. The cities were exploded. We had set up small tents were people sleep. There were about 50 people in our group. After moments of us observing our surroundings, I suggested," Let's take a break now. We've been waiting for so long but we still need to be alert." Everyone agreed with me and retired to their tents. Time passed by quickly and soon enough I fell asleep.

I woke up to the sun shining above me and birds chirping. I looked around and I was outside on my house's front lawn. How could this be possible? I suddenly saw Mike seated on a bench a few metres from me. "Hey, Mike!" I shouted. He swiftly turned to me and shouted back ," Hey bro! Glad you are awake. Let's go to the park now." I quickly responded," How did everything become so calm? Like weren't we in some robot attack?" Mike chuckled. "It must have been a dream." Um what? "Really?!" I exclaimed and he simply nodded and motioned for me to follow him. He then took me in a different route that we usually didn't take. "Um...I thought we were headed to the park?" I asked. He quickly nodded yes and told me we were just taking a different route. I noticed we were heading towards the woods. "Are you sure we're using the right route?" I asked him once again. He didn't respond and kept walking and I followed him,not knowing what to do. He suddenly stopped and he stared into a particular direction. I looked at him as if he was going insane. He broke the silence by saying, "I have been a good friend to you and listened to everything you said even if it was complete nonsense! But what did you do in return? You betrayed me! How could you...?" "What the hell are you saying bro?! How did I betray you?" I asked in total disbelief. What was he talking about? Maybe the time I stole his cake he reserved or the time I placed a 'kick-me' sign on his back? My thoughts were interrupted by a voice coming from the distance. I looked up to see robots heading towards us. "Bro! It's the robots. We need to go now!" I whisper yelled. I wanted to run but was prevented by....ropes wrapped around my body? When did this happen? Mike started laughing out loud. The robots finally approached us and one of them, the leader i suppose, said,"Thank you so much, Mike!" He responded back with a 'you're welcome' and started walking away. I tried calling for him but he didn't even turn to look at me and that's when I realised....he had betrayed me! "Your friend is gone and now we have you all to ourselves," the leader said as he approached me with a knife.

I was suddenly woken up by a noise that seemed like another explosion. I looked around and I was in my tent. Wait...that was all just a dream? Damn!

I walked outside and people were running towards the explosion with their weapons. I stopped one of them and asked him what was happening. "The robots have decided to attack now!" He replied in a panicked voice. I walked back into the tent to get my weapon and saw my mom looking scared while holding Aaron. "Mom, you and Aaron need to stay here. Don't step out. Me, dad and the others will handle the situation. She hesitantly nodded. I found my dad in the crowd and we all ran towards the source of the noise.

I stood shoulder to shoulder with a group of brave humans and the few robots who have chosen to stand with us. Our lives depend on each other now, humans and robots alike. "Stay focused, everyone! We can beat them together!" I shout, my voice strained. The robots beside me nod in agreement, their metal bodies gleaming in the light and so did the humans.

In front of us, stood those ruthless robots - only about 30 of them. They had their weapons ready and we had ours. They made the first move by charging at us. We then watched in excitement as the robots who charged at us first was dismantled into pieces due to the bombs we set up earlier. Now there are about 20 of them left.

They cautiously charged towards us and our battle began. We had special guns that would install a chip like bomb on their bodies and will explode them within a few seconds. They had guns that fired many bullets at once. I shot many of them and dodged their bullets. All the people were doing great and so were our robots that were helping us.

After what felt like hours, the battle was over! I looked around and saw all the robots dismantled and many of our fellow humans dead on the ground. I looked over at the people who survived and they were both happy and sad that their fellow members died. Some people were mourning over their loss.

We all proceeded to carry the dead bodies to a nearby opening to cremate them. We couldn't bury them due to the circumstances we are in right now. Aaron was by my side as I watched the bodies burn down into ashes. Our friendly robots also had a look of sympathy on their faces. We said some prayers and everyone headed to their tents as it was night already.

I stayed back thinking of everything that occurred. Suddenly, a hand was placed on my shoulder. It was Marvin, my robot friend that I really liked. "Justin, we understand the importance of your survival. The other robots might have turned against you, but we choose to stand with humanity. Together, we can overcome this," he assured me.

I thanked him and went into my tent. My parents and brother were already asleep due to the tedious day.

Marvin's words resonate within me, a reminder that not all robots are our enemies. There are those who recognize the value of human life, who believe in our collective future.