8

Rick

I watched the girl I grew so fond over cried on my lap. I felt so useless not being able to help her through whatever torture Eclipso was putting her through.

If he ever did something to her, or just once we capture him, I'm going to regret ever making her cry.

All I could do is watch the girl of my dreams face her demons alone in her mind.

I was relieved when she finally snapped out of her trance, and I couldn't contain myself anymore. I just had to kiss her, so she knew just how much she truly meant to me.

These past months had been hell. The fact that she was avoiding me too, just made my heart all the more sad.

I hated keeping my distance from her, but I had no choice. I didn't know what love was. The only people I ever loved died when I was a child. And my uncle sure as hell never taught me how to love or a damn thing for that matter.

I felt like it wouldn't be fair to her, she was like an Angel, a princess, a ball of sunshine to whoever got in her presence. I wish I could make her happy the way she makes me happy.

I had to push her away, otherwise I'd end up hurting her even more in the end.

"We should go, he must be here somewhere." I say to my light.

She nods her head and gets up off of my lap. I put my hand out for her to take and she takes it gladly.

We walked hand in hand, and as we got further into the park, the more and more fog started to appear.

Once we were completely surround by fog I felt a spark which I could only assume Leora did to make me let go of her hand.

"Ow, what was that for?" I ask her and before she could answer I see Grundy come out of no where and he grabs Leora from me and runs off with her.

"GRUNDY PUT HER DOWN OR ILL KILL YOU. COME BACK HERE YOU FUCKING MONSTER." I scream as loud as I could to quickly get my Leora back to me.

I ran as fast as I could, hearing her screaming made me run even faster than I was going.

I could feel the hourglass truly being tested to its limits. The hourglass hit my chest hard with each step I took.

"SAVE ME RICK." I could hear Leora scream, and it helped me to block the pain in my chest. All I cared about was getting Leora to safety.

The fog was too strong for me though, because I now felt lost. I felt useless, all I could do is scream and hope for a response.

Then I heard giant footsteps, and I didn't even let myself catch my breath, I ran over to the footsteps.

I then get to a creek, and there I see Grundy, but I didn't see Leora. I immediately get to Grundy and start punching him asking him where he put my Ray.

"WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS SHE YOU MONSTER." I scream at him and that's when I see her. Not moving at all in the creek.

"NO" I scream, and I drop to my knees not caring for my suit getting wet.