15

Episode 5
Leora

I stare at the list I put on my table that Rick and I made together. It was our bucket list, the two of us had each put five things we wanted to do before highschool was over.

We had ten in total, and we ranked them from most achievable to unlikely.

I stared at the stuff we put down and sighed. I put the list away as I got a text from Courtney, saying "Someone hurt Sylvester. Pat and I are going to the hospital."

"OMG, is he okay? Are you okay?" I reply back. "Yeah" was all she said.

She tells me to meet up at the trailer city where the gambler died.

We looked around for clues, to see if the person who tried to kill Sylvester left anything.

"Anything Beth?" Courtney asks her, but she shakes her head.

"Hey, whoever did this, isn't stupid." Cindy states and Yolanda replies with, "you mean you?"

"If I wanted Sylvester dead, I would of killed him." Cindy replies as she rolls her eyes at Yolanda.

"Not helping Cindy." I say to her and she shrugs.

"I guess we hit a dead end." Courtney says as she sighs and looks around at nothing.

"Again?" Rick says disappointedly.

"Hold on, I think I found something. A skin cell, I guess I missed this last time. It doesn't belong to starman." Beth says and we all look at her scared and hopeful.

"Then it belongs to the person who hurt him." Courtney says, and we all nod our heads to the new information.

-

Before I headed to school I tuck the bucket list in my backpack, wanting to talk to Rick about it. We were already more than halfway through high school. And knowing that Sylvester got hurt badly, I realized that either of us could die or get hurt at any moment.

When I got to school I caught up with my four friends, "doctor McNider says that the killer is the dragon king." Beth says as I caught up with them.

"Wait a minute, what? Am I missing something? I thought you guys said that Dragon King was dead?" I ask them confused.

"Yeah well, I guess he's not.. we found a piece of his skin in the trailer." Beth says and I sigh.

"We need to warn Cindy that her dad is back." Courtney says, and I nod my head in agreement.

"What if Cindy is working with him?" Yolanda asks.

"I never told you guys about the shadow lands. I saw her darkest fears, and I saw the abuse her dad put her through. She definitely would not team with him ever again." Courtney says in a concerned tone. "Has anyone seen Cindy today?" She asks us, but we all look at eachother to see if anyone had.

"Don't look at me, I just got here." I say as they look at me.

We all walked to our first period classes, and Rick and I walk to the classroom together.