24

Episode 10
Leora

I really liked what Rick made me. He crossed off the making art together off our bucket list. This left us with 4 more things to do.

At this point any normal person would want to do the rest for next year, but something in me felt that this would be my last year. Ever since I got that reading I've been feeling a lot more fragile and on edge. I feel like the team and most definitely Rick has felt it lately.

The next two bucket lists would be one of the hardest ones. 7. Is to Rob a bank together and act like we know nothing about it. We would take that to the grave with us.

Rick and I both just always wanted to do something bad, and robbing a bank wouldn't be too bad, because we would just pull a Robin Hood and give it back to the community. The working class if you must.

Then the other two would be getting married and losing my virginity. The virginity one I put on #9 because I wanted us to be married first.

I really wanted to get married young, blue valley allows the youngest age to get married at 16 as long as both are minors so it isn't grooming.

I knew Rick, knew I wanted to get married, but he wanted to wait until after we graduated. I knew that if we didn't get married this year, then we wouldn't ever.

-

"The darkness will consume you."

"Who said that?" I say out loud to my empty room. My voice echoed and I could hear Rick on the other end since we were in call together.

"Who said what Ray? Is someone there with you?" Is all he says and I look down at my phone confused.

"I guess it was just my imagination, talk to you later R, bye." Is all I said and before he could reply I hung up the phone.

I was honestly so shocked by the sudden noise.

Before I could say anything else or hear anything else, I felt a buzz on my phone. It was a text from Cameron.

"I don't know what to think anymore."

"What do you mean cam? Are you okay?"

"No."

-

Rick's face still hadn't healed even after a few days, we decided to take him to Beth's house. That's where he got a check up from Beth's goggles.

He tried to lighten the mood, but Beth and her parents did not find it funny. I didn't either, but I still held Ricks hand.

"It's that hour glass. It's messing with your health." Beth says as her mom tells Rick that he has unnatural heart beating.

"I feel better than ever." He says to Beth with grinding teeth, he completely lets go of my hand to move his hands up then down.

"Hey, Rick. Beth is right. That hourglass is messing with you." I say to him and he looks at me with anger but says nothing.

"The hourglass is what I need in order to defeat the Mahkents." He says and we all shake our heads.

"What Beth told us is that you Rushed in there and even hit Courtney." Beth's mom says and this causes him to blurt.

"ITS HER FAULT." He screams as he looks at me and I'm taken back by this sudden outburst.

I feel a tear escape my eye, and I quickly wiped it away. I did feel like this was all my fault. That I shouldn't of came. I shouldn't of even been apart of this team. I didn't deserve to be here.

"Why are you crying?" Rick asks me with pleading eyes, and I shake my head.

"It's my fault.." I whisper and everyone shakes their head.

"No, it's not your fault Ray, I said it was an accident. I didn't mean to push her. I was trying to get the Mahkents." He says and I looked at them confused but said nothing.

"You haven't been acting like yourself Rick. We are all really worried about you. I'm surprised Ray hasn't talked you out of the hourglass yet." Beth says and I again felt like that was a stab in the heart. I couldn't believe Beth could say that.

Even if she didn't mean it like that, she still said it, and, "I'm fine." Rick says as he holds his hourglass while trying to give a smile.

"Just take off your hourglass, for just a few minutes, see how you feel." Beth says and Rick does not take this lightly.

He gets up in Beth's face and says, "don't ever tell me what to do. I don't even listen to Leora, what makes you think I'd listen to you." Rick says and Beth shakes her head.

"Okay that's enough." Beth's mom cuts in, and he looks at all of us then just walks out. We all called out for him but he didn't turn around, not even for me.

-

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you guys?" I text to Pat, and he quickly replies back with,

"We got this Ray, you just stay in school. Call you if we need any back up."

I sigh and put away my phone.

Then I got another text from Cameron, "Courtney killed my dad. I hate that bitch."

I didn't know what to say to that,

"Are you not mad at me anymore?" Was all I could think of saying.

He never replied after that, I wondered why Courtney said she killed him.

A few hours later we all went to Courtney's home for a meeting, Mike and his friend finally appeared and everyone was here except for Rick.

He hadn't talked to me since the morning.

"That kid needs to get his head on straight." Is what Pat said about Rick and I shake my head.

"What Mike and Jakkem saw is not just a white gorilla, but an ultra humanite. But he went by a lot of names." Sylvester says as Pat and him both explain what this creature was.

Even though Rick wasn't replying to me I decided I would text him a recap just so he knows that I'm still here for him.

"He doesn't love you." I heard that same voice say out loud and I jump slightly causing everyone to look at me.

I stayed quiet after that.

"If this ultra humanite is so powerful, then we are going to need everyone including the Mahkents. Ray, do you think you can text Cameron to try and talk? Maybe you can get through to him." Courtney says as she then looks at me.

I shrug, not knowing if he would reply to me, but I thought why not.

"You never do anything."

There goes that voice again.