13...Let the show begin...

RYAN.

"Fuck,fuck,fuck" I cursed under my breath as I watched Claire walk away angrily.

"Claire...." I called quietly, but she was already out of earshot but not out of the restaurant yet.

I ran my fingers through my hair, regretting the words I said to her. The only solution to my problems is walking away right now.

I fucked this up. I always fuck things up and I've done it again.

"Well?..." I heard Cassie's high pitched voice.

"Well what?!" I snapped at her

"Hey easy...." Roy's voice was soft and calming "A normal guy would go after her"

Cassie chuckled "Did you forget Ryan is an abnormal guy?"

Is that how even my close family members view me? My expression showed nonchalance to her hurtful words,but I knew within me that those words affected me.

"I'm not abnormal" I blurted out, strongly disagreeing with her.

I was conscious of the gawks I got as the words came out.

"Geez, people,stop gaping at me" I rolled my eyes to feign indifference "I'm really normal. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Prove it" Cassie dared with her eyes narrowed at me.

What?!

"How?" I asked looking confused.

Cassie stared at me like I was a dummy "By acting like a normal guy" she threw her hands in the air "Act. Like . A. Normal. Guy. Ryan"

"If you really love her, you would have gone after her" Roy's wife chipped in, surprising me.

Go after her? I've never done that,and I don't think I'm about to do that now, but wouldn't that just prove that everything is fake?

"Fucking shit" I cursed under my breath again, raking my fingers through my hair. I thought about the pros and cons of going after Claire and sorting out our issues. I realized the disadvantages are a lot and I couldn't even think of an advantage I get from letting her go.

Oh right,the only advantage is that I don't get insulted by her anymore,I can handle that.

"I'm not abnormal" I stated firmly to Cassie and rose to my feet to go after Claire. "I'm proving that to all of you"

I can't believe I'm actually doing this right now.

******
I sighed in relief as I sighted Claire's figure, I can still meet up with her.

I quickened my pace till I was few feet away from her. She felt my presence and turned her head,her eyes met with mine. A look of surprise stayed on her face for about five seconds before it disappeared.

She started to walk faster,but her legs and strength are no match for mine.

I held her wrist gently, calling her name pleadingly "Hey Claire, Claire, Claire..."

She tried to wriggle out of my hold but I was too strong for her. She finally turned herself to face me. I sighed.

"What?!" She asked with her sharp tone,her eyes darker than usual out of anger.

"Don't snap at me!" I warned, temporarily forgetting why I came after her.

She raised her brows "Oh" With that,she turned around, ready to walk away again.

Did I say something wrong again?

I tightened my hold around her wrist and appeared at her front, blocking her way.