Chapter 2

Sitting in a dark room next to a closed pod was a small young girl. She had long brown hair and piercing green eyes that were set on the ceiling, few tears running down her face. She has been there for a while now, her only companion the green baby that was mostly closed in the pod. She was scared and hungry and missing her home that she couldn't return to. She hardly ever cried, she was always like a ray of sunshine, laughing and making jokes, but after days in that place she didn't know what else to do.

It was around the afternoon of her eighth day there when something happened. She could hear screaming and firing of blasters that made her look at the child in the pod and then to the doors leading outside. The two guys standing guard had quickly rushed out, the heavy door closing behind them.

It was only minutes after the commotion started when the silence came. Although that didn't last long. The piercing sound of blasters being shot started again but this time much louder. The girl tried to quickly hide behind some crate when the door fell down and a bounty hunter and a droid came in.

"The tracking fob is still active. My sensors indicate that there are two life forms present." Said the droid. The girl held her breath, staying hidden. The tracking fob kept beeping as the two hunters got closer to the pod and her hiding place. They opened the pod and the Mandalorian saw the child inside. "Wait. They said 50 years old." Mando said confused.

"Species age differently." Rasped the droid. That's when the girl peaked from her hiding spot and the two hunters saw. "That is the second bounty." The droid said to the Mandalorian.

Mando observed the girl, noting the worn out clothes and her frightened expression. At the same time, the girl looked at Mando with wide eyes, noticing his beat down armor and the scary looking helmet.

"Perhaps it could live many centuries." The droid continued, looking at the child. "Sadly, we'll never know." As it went to lift its arm, the Mandalorian, still looking at the young girl, stopped it.

"No. We'll bring them in alive."

"The commission was quite specific. The assets were to be terminated." The droid lifted its arm again. The girl was still looking at Mando, holding her breath, when a blaster was shot. The droid fell to the ground with a hole through its head when Mando put down his weapon. He then looked at the child in pod and lifted his finger towards him, the child doing the same.

The Mandalorian then looked back to the girl, holding his hand towards her. She looked at him, eyes full of fear and a bit of surprise. She hesitantly took his hand and he helped her stand up. Wordlessly, the tree walked out of the camp following their fate.