Chapter 15

It's been a while since the group left. Juno was starting to get tired so she closed her eyes just for a moment, not noticing the child opened the door and left, going up to the cockpit. The droid noticed him and turned to take his gun but the moment he turned back, the child was gone.

The droid was walking around the ship, looking for the child that was hiding. He was careful, the droid was having difficulties finding him, when Juno woke up. She noticed that the child was gone and became nervous, not knowing what to do. A moment later, the door opened and closed right away with the child now inside.

"What are you doing? Where did you go?" Whispered Juno as he went to sit in her lap. "Mando said not to leave." She told him but he just looked up at her and tilted his head. Unfortunately for them, Zero suddenly opened the door and looked at them. Juno started breathing rapidly as the child raised his hand and closed his eyes while Zero pointed the blaster at them. For a moment, she closed her eyes too, fearing the droid will shoot them. A second later, a blaster was fired and both children opened their eyes and saw the droid sparkling with electricity. The child looked at his hand, thinking he was the one that did it, but when the droid fell, they saw Mando putting away his blaster.

"Mando!" Said Juno happily, smiling at him as he walked closer to them and leaned down.

"Are you both okay?" He asked, putting his hands on their shoulders.

"We are, now."

"Good. I just have to deliver something back to that hangar and then you can come out." He explained, standing back up. Juno nodded and he closed the door, going up the ladder and flying to return to the hangar.

After he landed, he opened the ramp, seeing Ran waiting for them. He and Qin walked down, Qin and Ran laughed as they embraced. "Where are the others?" Asked Ran when Mando joined them.

"No questions asked. That's the policy, right?" Replied Mando.

"Yeah. That is the policy."

"I did the job."

"Yeah, you did." Said Ran, throwing Mando some credits.

"Just like the good old days." Replied Mando, pocketing the money.

"Yeah, just like the good old days." Mando just nodded and went back inside, closing the ramp behind him and slowly leaving the hangar. In the meantime, Juno and the child got to their chairs in the cockpit and seeing few X-wings flying the direction of the hangar.

When they were in the hyperspace, Mando untwisted the ball from the lever. "I told you that was a bad idea." He said, turning to the kids and giving the ball to the cooing child. Juno giggled, looking at Mando.

"So, how was the job?" She asked teasingly while Mando sighed and shook his head.

****
A bit shorter chapter, sorry. Even though I have no idea if anyone's reading this but...oh, well.