Todd was Right {12}

A/n

WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS I MEAN TO COPY AND PASTE IT BUT I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ALL OF IT. OH MY GOD IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW, THIS TOOK ME YEARS TO DO AGHHHHHH. 

        He collapsed onto his bed, exhausted from school. Not only was the lack of his best friend torture, but Todd's accusations were echoing through his mind. The more he thought about it, the more everything made sense. Todd was right, he'd fallen for Travis. Sal was conflicted, Travis had treated him with the utmost disrespect and hatred, but he was changing. He had the capability to be kind and loving, he was a sweet person who was just scared to trust others. The phone in his hand buzzed, Sal jumped at the chance to talk to him. 

"Hello, sorry, I was busy."

"It's okay! how are ya doing?"

"I'm doing well, how are you? I didn't hurt you too badly, right?"

"I'm okay, we still have to get my face fixed, though. Wanna hang out?"

"I have to ask my father."  Travis completely ignores Sal's comment about his face, probably out of confusion. 

Sal attentively waited for Travis to respond, fidgeting with his fingers.

"He said no."

"Awwww :( tomorrow?"

"I have church tomorrow."

"On a Saturday?"

"Yes, I set up the services and I'm in the choir. Most people go on Sunday, but we still do things on Saturday too."

"How about after? I've got more math practices for us, there's no way your dad is gonna say no to studying."

"Give me a minute, I have to ask."

"Ok!"

There was a pause, before Travis returned his message.

"I can, but only after I've cleaned up the church. Around 2:30, maybe?"

"Sounds great! I'll meet you behind the church, then we can walk back to the apartments!"

"Okay."

Sal rolled over onto his stomach and giggled, softy kicking his feet in the air. Despite his inner conflict, he couldn't help but feel excited. Perhaps his feelings weren't so bad. 

        The sound of crunching gravel under Sal's shoes went unnoticed, he had more important matters to think about. A wide grin was plastered onto his hidden face, unable to change his expression. He stopped as he reached the dumpsters, checking his phone for the time, 2:36. The slight discrepancy in time didn't falter Sal's toxically optimism mood that day. He glanced around his surroundings, it was the same spot he'd confronted Travis, but he tried to ignore that thought, and the pit that it left in his stomach. The back door of the church opened with a squeak, the blonde boy stood in the doorway, wearing a button up white shirt and formal looking pants. He made eye contact with Sal, and waved as he walked to him. He looked up at Travis, noticing the new bruised along his neck and cheek bone, and a small cut above his left eyebrow. 

"Hey Travis, how was the service?"

Travis shrugged, "It was fine. Are you- uh, sure you're okay? I heard you tell your father that I might've broken your nose, or something?"

"Oh, yeah I'm okay! It really hurts, but I'll be fine."

"Can I take a look? I want to make sure I didn't do too much damage."