Somebody to Love {20}

A/n 

You guys have to help me come up with a synonym for, "Sal" because I refuse to call him a bluenette, full stop. 

        Neon, colorful lights lit up the building, the carpets were detailed with vivid streaks of green, blue and pink; the sound of laughter and people chatting created a welcoming environment. 

"Wow, this is a lot."

Sal laughed, "Yeah, follow me! You can get the roller skates over here." Travis was being dragged across the room by Sal towards a counter with a tired looking employee.

"Do you know you know your shoe size, Trav?"

"Uh, I think so?"

        The two of them sat on one of the benches near the wooden skating area, tying the laces on their skates. Due to Sal's unique music taste, many songs being played were unrecognizable to him, and because of Travis' odd disconnect  from pop culture, he also couldn't identify any songs. Sal stood, offering Travis help up,  which he graciously accepted. The fake blonde was extremely wobbly, and almost fell over even with Sal's help, maybe Sal's awkward, flirty comment would become true after all. After multiple minutes of attempting to get Travis on the wooden floor, they were finally free to skate.

"This is so much harder than I thought it would be." Travis' voice was strained, probably because of how hard he was focusing on the concussing himself.

"You're actually not that bad!" Sal giggled as Travis waved his arms around to prevent another wipeout.    

"C'mon, Sal, no need to lie!"

"No, no, I'm being serious! Here, I'll help you." Sal firmly gripped his hand and waited for Travis to catch his balance, "What you wanna do, is push your feet diagonally, like this." He demonstrated the action, temporarily letting go of Travis' hand. 

"See? It's really easy once you get the hang of it, grab my hand and we'll try it together." Travis did as instructed and slowly moved forwards, his entire body shaking with every slight movement.

"Yeah! I'm doing it! Sal, look at this! I'm actually going!" Sal smiled warmly, Travis' excitement was adorable to watch.

"Wohooo! You're rocking it, man!"

"Hell yeah I am!" Travis laughed in elation, proud of his achievement. Though his balance was horrendous, his form was repulsive and he couldn't even stand without Sal's support, it was undeniable that he was moving. 

        An hour of training had supplied Travis with the ability to stumble forwards without Sal's help, which allowed Sal to fulfill a task he'd been wanting to do. All of the other occupants had cleared out of the building, creating the perfect atmosphere.

"I'll be right back, Trav!"

"Aw, where are you going?" Travis sounded genuinely upset at Sal's leaving. 

"Bathroom, I'll be right back, don't worry!" Sal waved dismissively as he glided towards the carpeted waiting area. Walking with roller skates was inopportune, but he was able to adjust quickly. He returned to the area they obtained the skates, and approached the worker.