Chapter 2: Welcome to the School Life of Your Dreams

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you have a moment?"
She came. She was here. It was terrifying

"Again with Ayanokouji?" a voice of discontent arose from someone I barely knew. Just as much as you despise seeing me on the screen, I detest the invasion of my privacy as well.

"Oh well, tough luck, kiddo. It appears we're about to invade your privacy once more," consoled a teenage girl with a rough appearance and waist-length chocolate brown hair. Judging by her demeanor, she seemed to be a student in her second year.

I'd been feigning sleep during class, pondering society's true purpose while I pretended to nap, when the devil approached me.

"Devil?"
The person I referred to as the devil slightly raised an eyebrow, clearly perplexed. They couldn't have seen who I was talking about since I was slumped in my chair, barely visible on the screen. As the pieces of the puzzle started coming together in her mind, a frown formed on her face when she finally realized she's the devil I'm talking about.

"Why are you taking a nap?" Karuizawa whispered to me with a clear sense of annoyance. "Don't you know it can lead to a decrease in our points?" It appeared that due to the unfolding events and our time spent together earlier, Karuizawa had now grown more comfortable in talking to me.

"You should speak for yourself either," I retorted, not letting her comment slide. " I clearly remembered you playing with your phone during class hours." As I responded, I could see that she hadn't expected me to retort, and her visible flustered state revealed that she was taken aback by my observation.

Shostakovich's Symphony No. 11 played in my head, music that captured the sense of people fleeing from pursuing demons and the desperation that comes at the end of the world. Right then, it was the perfect accompaniment.

"Who even listens to this kind of music anymore?" someone muttered under their breath.

"What's that? Sostoko-what?" Ike asked, clearly confused.

"It's Shostakovich, pronounced as 'Shoh-stuh-koh-vitch.' He's a Russian composer from the 20th century. You didn't even get his name right. Honestly, I wonder what's going on inside your brain," Shinohara said, displaying her disgust.

Flustered and embarrassed, Ike stammered, "Just shut up, you ugly..."

Even though my eyes were closed, I understood. I could feel the devil's presence as she waited for her slave to awaken. So, as a slave, how exactly could I get out of this situation?

"Earlier demon and now slave...
Is Ayanokouji-kun probably bullied?"

"I don't think so, as far I'm aware of"
Hirata responded

'oh Hirata if only you know'
Unbeknownst to him, Ayanokouji silently cursed Horikita as memories of the excruciating pain and suffering inflicted upon him by her majestic mechanical compass flooded his mind.

My computer-like brain instantly executed all the calculations to arrive at the answer I most needed.

"Computer-like brain?" someone questioned, skeptical of Ayanokouji's claim, thinking he might be overestimating himself

Matsushita: "It's just a figurative speech, Satou, don't take it personally"

"Oh I see now"

Conclusion: I'd pretend not to hear her. I had dubbed this the "Sleeping Strategy." If she were a kind girl, then she would say something like, "Aw, well, there's nothing to be done. I'd feel bad to wake you, so I'll forgive you. ★" "If you don't get up, I'll kiss you!" would also be okay