Narrative #14

Yeonjun had his head buried into that diary of Soobin's. He didn't realise his best friend had kept one.

" Wow. You must be invested in that book. " the librarian, Jin chuckled.

"Huh. Oh yeah. Just found it. " Yeonjun replied clearly distracted.

" Well you've been here for over an hour. I need to close up and you need to go home. " Jin said.

"oh yeah, sorry about that. " Yeonjun replied sheepishly.

He got up and left the library. He walked clutching the book tightly. It was precious and had a sense of fragility. Plus he had written his thoughts and feeling too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soobin got home and sighed. It had been a tough day.

He had felt horrible about ignoring Yeonjun and saw Yeonjun's hurt face.

Beomgyu and Taehyun frantically ran after him and he made them worry about home. That wasn't fair.

' I should write in my diary. " he thought.

He grabbed his backpack and started searching through it. When he realised it wasn't there he started to panic. 

Where could it be?

He felt his chest tightened and started to breathe heavily. Sweat dribbled down his head. 

Where? Where was it? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeonjun walked down the street slowly.

He came towards a familiar one. 

Soobin's one.

He remembered all the good memories in Soobin's house. When they baked cookies together.

When they scared Soobin's mum.

When they giggled all those times with their silly inside jokes.

Yeonjun missed it all. He messed everything up clearly. He wished it could go back into what it was or more.

He reached Soobin's door and thought gently.

' Should I knock?' Yeonjun thought quietly.

He threw the diary through the letter box and knock loudly on the door, before quickly walking away. 

He saw the door open and Soobin's pretty face stick out and picking up the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soobin heard a harsh knock on his front door. He flinched at the violence.

He slowly walked towards the front door and cautiously opened it. 

Nobody was there but he looked down and saw his Black notebook cover glint in the moonlight. 

" Oh thank god. My diary. " he sighed.

" THANK YOU! " he shouted to the person who had brought back his book.

He went back inside and carefully clicked through his pages.

Two pages had a familiar yet unfamillar handwriting.

Soobin sat on his bed and and began to read the hidden traces of the person who had returned his precious diary.