01: The New Neighbors.

Slight Violence

Averil's pov
I woke up, did my usual routine.. made breakfast for Dane, watered the plants in the garden, delivered potted flowers to my favorite neighbor and then I washed up.

It sounds boring I know.. but it was normal and it kept me in order, it helped me keep my mind stable.

Today was cookie day and I've decided I was going to settle with chocolate chip, an original cookie but the best.

I went right to work after my shower. I tied my flower pattern apron around my waist and took out the flour,eggs and butter and many other ingredients.

I whipped up the mixture quickly, it was pretty easy and quick nothing too tedious. Mainly because I've memorized the recipe and had it down packed.

The door bell rung and I quickly popped a raw batch of cookie dough in the oven before running to the door and opening it.

It was Dane, my fiance.

Dane.. he was amazing when I first met him we believed it was love at first sight but what was love turned bland and boring, I still tried though.. even with the glares he'd give me and the way he'd ignore all my interests.

If it wasn't for this nice shiny ring on my finger I feel like I would've left him, who am I kidding! Im lying.. I wouldn't even be able to leave him. I'm not financially stable and I lost the only job I loved.. so house Omega it is..

I smiled widely at him as I looked at him through my eyelashes, hoping that he would at least compliment me and kiss me.. Joking!! We haven't even mated yet.

He looked down at me and scoffed, his body pushed mines and he walked in.

I closed the door slowly, not showing that I was upset that he came back home.

I licked my chapped lips and followed him in the kitchen. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer.

Its 8 in the morning...

"So, uhm you don't work today?" I asked curiously while washing dishes.

His eyes flickered to me and he stared me deep in the eyes. Just answer the question Dane don't yell..

He popped the beer open with a spoon and walked to the living room.

Yay silent treatment!

I sighed and held my head in my hands.

I got a texted from My neighbor Kim.

my favorite neighbor🥰🥰
There's new neighbors!!
I think you should go greet them with your cookies since its cookie day.
Oh and, please save some cookies for me!!

my favorite neighbor🥰🥰
Btw!! Barbara the leader of the school pto got fired!! Serves her right! 🤭

I chuckled at message and closed my phone, the timer on the stove went off and I took my first batch of cookies out, I rotated around the house doing small housework like vacuuming and wiping down dusty surfaces.

About time I got finished doing house work I Went to the garden and picked out some fresh veggies.

After that I moved back to the kitchen and wrapped up the cookies, placing some in a tied box that had a cute ribbon on it.

I smiled and added a note to it.
Welcome, New neighbors!! :)

I made my way to the door to give the cookies to our new neighbors across the street until Dane stopped me.