Chapter 42- Jinora's Ceremony

It had been a few weeks since the last battle. Everyone was back in Republic City for the ceremony of my little sister.

Korra had been put in a wheelchair ever since we arrived in the city. I felt terrible for her, she was so depressed and humiliated by it. Korra was being cared for by Asami, which was nice, but lately I've been getting the impression that there's some sexual tension between them. I'll keep a watch on that.

At this very moment, I was standing in front of the temple with my family and Iroh, dawned in my customary airbending attire. Normally, I never wore my airbender attire like the rest of my family, but this ceremony was special. A traditional ceremony with airbenders in a full room hadn't occurred in a very long time.

Currently, Korra's parents, the president, my family, Iroh, Lord Zuko and the Beifong sisters were awaiting for Korra's arrival outside the ceremonial courthouse.

"Remember," my father warned. "When Korra arrives everybody be nice and don't-"

"Don't look at her wheelchair or mention it!" Meelo geeked.

"Exactly!"

My mother smacked my father's arm. "Honey!"

"What?"

I watch as the airbenders were entering the courthouse, walking up the flight of stairs.

Asami wheels Korra in front of us. Lord Zuko bows to her, Korra nods back. Her mother runs forward to hug her.

Tonraq walks up. "You look beautiful, sweetie." He kisses Korra on the forehead.

"You're looking stronger everyday, Korra." My father said.

"I'd like to officially welcome you back to Republic City." President Raiko said. "I know that the last time we saw each other, it didn't end on the best terms. But I want to thank you for taking down those Red Lotus terrorists."

"We should go inside." Asami said.

Ikki runs beside Asami. "I-I can help."

Meelo leaps onto Korra. "I want to ride with Korra." Korra holds onto Meelo, smiling. "Jinora's already inside. Smells like shoe trees."

""Sandalwood, Meelo." Ikki says.

I stepped forward and said, "I wanna ride with Korra," but Iroh grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, whispering in my ear.

"Don't you want to ride me instead?" He teased.

My cheeks flustered as I began to stutter. "I-uh-well...not right-uh now-"

As Asami wheels Korra to the foot of the stairs. Lin says. "I got this." She bends the floor around them; putting a hand on Korra's shoulder. "Hang in there, kid." She moves the group up the stairs.

"She is not looking good." Everyone spins their head towards President Raiko.

"So disrespectful," Iroh said.

"Neither would you if you'd gone through what she had." Tonraq defended his daughter.

I nodded my head, agreeing. "You're lucky, I don't put you in a wheelchair."

"She'll be fine." My dad said. "She just needs time to heal. The poison took a great toll."

"Of course." Raiko stepped forward in front of the group. "I'm just saying, with the Earth Kingdom in complete disarray since the loss of the Queen..."

"And even with Zaheer locked up again, we still don't know how many Red Lotus members might be out there, hiding." Zuko said.

"Exactly." Raiko said. "With the world getting more and more dangerous, we need the Avatar now more than ever. Who will protect us while she's in a wheelchair?"