Chapter 4

Miguel O'Hara X Reader

Chapter 4

You've heard it here first folks. Miguel O'hara turned the one and only spider woman from my dimension into a lunch lady. Yeah, a lunch lady, I wasn't happy about it either.

While he, and Jessica drew, went off on plenty of missions to find Miles, I was here serving food to hundreds of spider people. Sure it has its plus sides, like I've meet so many new spiders, and I get to do what I love, but I hadn't gone home in at least a week, so poor Peter was probably starving, and my bakery never got locked so I've probably been robbed of all my cakes. Not that they would be any good by now.

A random spider person came up to me, he ordered a bowl of alfredo, which I slopped into a to-go container. I handed it to him, said good-bye, and he was off to a giant long table.

Working as a lunch lady was boring, and I was never able to make what I wanted, instead I was given a list of foods to make for the day. It felt like school lunch, not a workplace for all the best spider people.

I waited for the next spider to come up for their lunch, but before I could serve the person coming up I had to address the guy ravaging through the fridge. "Really, you can't even wait in line like everyone else?" Miguel, who was rummaging through my fridge, flipped around, with a piece of bread in his mouth. I couldn't help but start laughing. "I have places to be, and stop laughing." By now I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. "I'm so sorry, It's just.." With all my laughter I couldn't even get close to finishing my sentence. I could even hear a few giggles behind me.

"It's just what? What?" I started laughing even harder, I couldn't get the image of Miguel with a piece of bread from my brain. "It's just, you looked like, you know, an anime girl?" Miguel looked at me, and rolled his eyes.

"Do you have any other food?" Miguel now had all of my bread in his hand, and was eating another slice. "Yeah, alfredo." I already had some alfredo in a container, and I was holding it in front of me. He used his web and grabbed it from my hand. "Thanks, recruit."

I rolled my eyes at his little nickname, and continued serving people their lunch.

I walked to Miguel's headquarters after I had finally finished serving dinner. I had a very serious subject to discuss with him.
I walked until I was in front of his platform. I looked around to try and see what he was looking at, I did see what he was looking at. It was a video of a little girl sitting on his shoulders, shoving a cupcake into his face. He looked really happy, I don't think I've seen him smile in the whole business week I was here. I took a big step forward, and was not quite at all. Miguel swiftly turned his whole body around.
"What are you doing?" Miguel questioned me, as I stood frozen. "Well?" He raised his eyebrow at me, and I finally got my will to move. "Um, I need to go back to my dimension." He stepped off his platform, and landed with a thud. "Is that so? You need to?" He started walking forward. "Yes." I took a step forward. "It's life or death."

He ended up agreeing, and let me go, on one condition.
He went with me. I guess I wasn't trustworthy enough, even after my long work week. Does he know what I could have done? I could have undercooked the beef for sloppy joes. The toilets would be horrendous.

Miguel and I stood in front of an orange portal. We both walked through the portal. For some reason going through a portal made a shiver run up my spine. Either way, I had some aarons to run.
I slowly made my way closer to the portal and eventually made it though. I popped out on top of a roof, and soon after Miguel did too. I slipped my mask over my face. "Where too first, recruit." I turned to him, and smiled a cheeky grin. "The pet store." A scowl grew on Miguel's face, I knew he already regretted this.
"Come on, Mr. Grumpy." I jumped off the building, and started swinging my way to the store. Miguel caught up with me, and followed me to the closest pet store.
We eventually made it to the pet store, even though it was dark, there were plenty of people in the store. Miguel by now also had his mask on. The moment we were in the store people had their phones out and were taking pictures.
People yelled, and cheered as we walked by them, which would earn them a wave from me, and from Miguel the most they would get is a glance. I led Miguel through the store until we finally made it to the cat food aisle. I grabbed the biggest bag I could see, and started carrying it like a child.
"Seriously, that's what you needed?" He was definitely facepalming on the inside. "Yes, you'll see why later." He huffed some air out. "You're not buying a cat are you?" He stared into my eyes, it was honestly quite mesmerizing. "Nope."
Before he could say anything more I walked off towards the cash register. I placed the giant bag on the counter and let the older gentleman, who was working, scan it. "New boyfriend spiderwoman?" I looked over to Miguel who was standing behind me. "How do you know I had a boyfriend before?" My smile was so big my cheeks hurt, but it's always all worth it, I love getting to talk to fans. He chuckled. "We all saw the bump, having a baby must really complicate everything." My heart dropped, I thought the world moved past that. "Heh, yeah, really complicated."
As soon as I paid I was out of there. Miguel followed me, I couldn't tell if he was saying something or not. I just started swinging to my apartment. "What was that about?" Miguel swung next to me. "Nothing, it was nothing." Any time someone brought up Spiderwomans, or my, supposive pregnancy I always got choked up, this time was no different.
"It obviously is something, just tell me." This is always when tears started, but I wasn't comfortable crying in front of Miguel just yet.
"It really is, I probably just ate too much cake." Miguel seemed to take that answer and dropped it, and ladies and gentleman, and anything in between, I am proud to announce that I indeed didn't cry.

I swiftly swung through a window that I always keep open, somehow fitting through with the cat food. I waited to see Miguel try to fit through the window. Miguel came swinging by the window, but instead of trying to go through the window, he stuck to the outside of the building. "Can you open that thing any further?" I snickered. "I think you can fit through." He sighed, and put one leg through the window. "If I don't fit, it's your responsibility to get me out of the window." He stuck his other leg through the window. "Deal."
Miguel tried getting himself through the window, but stopped once he got his waist through.
"Y/N, I'm stuck." This is when the giggles started. "I have to get a picture." I pulled my phone out, which I always had in a nifty little pocket that somehow protected my phone from getting smashed every time I fought a villain. "No, no, you don't need a picture." I walked in front of Miguel, my phone was in the perfect position for taking a photo. "Say cheese." A white light erupted from my phone, but eventually my photo showed. Miguel was flipping me off through the photo, and had a pouty face.
"Alright, let's get you out of this." I walked up to Miguel who was holding on to the window. "Finally, how do you plan on getting me in there anyway, recruit?" I grabbed hold of his legs, and tugged. I've never seen someone this stuck in a window, and let me tell you I've seen my fair share of people stuck in windows.
I tugged, and tugged, and tugged. "You know, I don't think that's helping." Miguel somehow was totally calm during this. "Got any other ideas." I dropped his leg on the floor. "As a matter of fact, I do." I stared, waiting for him to tell me his bright idea. "How about I go through the front door?" I shook my head in agreement, but when he tried getting back out of the window he couldn't. "Wow, you're really stuck." He gave me a look that said, wow I didn't realize, in a sarcastic way of course.
"Just get me out of here." Okay, I've gotten a lot of people stuck in windows, unstuck. I decided the best idea was going back to the pulling technique. I grabbed his legs again and started pulling. One, two, three. I clenched his legs and ran. After a few steps, not only did Miguel get freed, so did the window. Miguel came crashing down. I turned around and started laughing hysterically. Miguel had the window around him like a hula-hoop.
Miguel was able to get the window the rest of the way off him by himself. "Why are we here anyway?" Miguel was already annoyed, but I knew just the things to help him. "Follow me."
I led Miguel to my apartment. Inside, meowing, was Peter. I was right, his food bowl was all out of food. I picked Peter up, which earned me an annoyed snarl from Peter.
I turned to Miguel, proudly showing off Peter. "No, absolutely not." My slime grew. "Come on, you guys will get along great." Miguel rolled his eyes. "No." I walked closer to him, Peter was basically begging for Miguel to hold him. "You guys have so much in common, plus I think he likes you already." Miguel sighed. "Fine." I jumped up, holding Peter like Simba. "Is this the last stop?" I smiled again. "No, we need to go to one more spot, and I need to grab something." I shoved Peter into Miguel's hands. I ran off, into my room. I slid to the floor, and only stopped when I was at the edge of my bed.
I reached my hand under the bed, and grabbed a box. I pulled it from under my bed, and tucked it under my arm.
I got up and walked back to Miguel, who was still holding on to Peter.

"Let's go."

1K reads already?! Thank you guys so much for all the love so far.

As always if you enjoyed follow, comment, and vote.