Chapter 16

Miguel O'Hara X Reader

Chapter 16

"Are you ready?" I looked up to Miguel, and nodded. He peered down at me, a questioning look on his face. "You won't have another outburst?" I took a deep breath. "Yes." He continued to stare at me. "Y/N." He looked so kind. "I'm only asking because I care about you. Are you sure?" I smiled, and blood started rising to my cheeks. "One-hundred percent." He nodded.

"Let's go." We both jumped up to the ceiling and made our way out of the sewer. It was a huge relief to finally have fresh air. I swung in through the air, and landed on a building, Miguel wasn't far behind.

"Where do the sewers let out?" Miguel asked. I looked over to him, how on Earth was I supposed to know? "Uh, I look it up." I sheepishly smiled, and searched up where I would find the end of the sewer. "Okay, it's in the Silver Water Woods." He looked at me with confusion. "What kind of name is that?" I shrugged. "Don't come at me, I didn't come up with it."

He chuckled. "What's the exact location?" I looked at him, then back at my phone. "All it says is that the sewers end in a river in the Silver Water Woods." He nodded. "Let's start searching then."

We swung into the sky, towards a giant green forest. "So, how's Jessica doing?" I smiled awkwardly. He looked over to me, he looked so different with his mask on. "She's doing good, I think, why are you asking?" I looked away, trying not to smile. "Just wondering ."

We stayed quite the rest of the way there, but that didn't stop me from thinking. Like how couldn't I, he was- I don't even know how to put it. My stomach constantly filled with butterflies when I was around him. Even when I'm in the most dire situations, I feel like a giddy teenager again. Something about him just makes me feel so happy.

We swung into the forest. There's nothing more romantic than searching through a forest for a sewer. There was no sign of a river anywhere near us, I couldn't even hear a river. "This obviously Isn't the right place." I nodded. "This is a huge forest, we still have a lot to search." He took a deep breath. "We should split up." I gave Miguel a look that made him roll his eyes. "Take this, if you find the sewer exit you can call me on it." He grabbed my wrist, and put one of the spider society watches on me.

My heart fluttered as he grabbed my wrist, and my face turned pink. I swear I saw his face go a little red as well. He held onto my wrist for a while, until he realized he was holding onto me and quickly let go. We awkwardly chuckled and walked away from each other.

I walked deeper into the forest, listening for any sign of water. There were no sounds, other than the wind blowing through the trees.

Even though I was focused on finding the end of the sewer, Miguel was also on my mind. He just always managed to make me feel like I was floating on clouds, plus he always has a way of getting everything else off my mind. He always makes everything feel better than it is. Your crazy ex husband suddenly appeared after he died? No problem Miguel O'Hara is here. Not that I'm mad about it, it actually feels really good to have some sort of escape from reality.

I only stopped once I realized that I could hear the sound of rushing water. I stopped and flipped towards the sound. It didn't sound too far away. I started running as fast as I could to the sound. I dodged tree after tree, and bush after bush, running to the river. Every step I took I got closer to the water, it felt thrilling to run, and to feel the wind through my hair.

Finally I saw the stream of water, gushing out of a sewer pipe. I immediately started pressing buttons on my watch, as I tried to call Miguel.

"Hello?" I smiled. "Miguel?" He sounded like he was running. "Yes Y/N it's Miguel." I chuckled. "Uh, I found the sewer." He stopped running. "Okay, that's great, I'll be there." Without saying another word he hung up.

I stood watching the water pour from the sewer, waiting for Colin to pop out any minute. I didn't have to wait long, because a few seconds later Colin flew out of the sewer. I didn't waste any time throwing a web to Colin, and dragging him out of the water.

When he was finally on the ground he started coughing, and throwing up water. Not long after Miguel popped behind us. The atmosphere was awkward, and tense. We couldn't even look at each other.

When Colin was done coughing up water, he looked back up to Miguel and I. "What's with all this sexual tension?" He pointed to me and Miguel, as we shared a glance.

"It's nothing." I walked over to him and shooed his arm away. "Now." I clapped my hands together in his face. "We have to get you to your dimension." He gave me an expression of disgust. "No way." I held my hand out. "Come on, I'm being nice." He scoffed, and jumped up. "Doesn't matter."

He grabbed me by my wrist and pulled to him. He dug into my neck with a blade he pulled out of nowhere. Even with the mask on Miguel looked frightened. "Let her go!" Miguel's voice boomed. I could hear the chuckle from Colin. "You guys are funny." I could feel the vibration of Collins' voice as he talked.

It was hard to breathe with the blade pressed up to my throat. I tried wiggling from his grip but it didn't work. "Colin, you'll regret this." Colin shoved the blade even harder into my neck. "Oh will-" I grabbed Collins arms and threw him over my shoulders. He crashed into the ground, and gasped as all the air flew out of him.

I wiped my neck, only to realize that I had a small cut under my chin. I wiped the blood off my hand, and looked down to Colin. He was rolling back and forth trying to catch his breath. "How dare you." His voice was faint and raspy.

Me and Miguel watched as he stood up, and used his knees to rest his arms on. "Who do you think you are?" He seemed so harsh. "Who do you think?" He lifted his arm up, holding one of his blades. "No!" Miguel jumped at Colin as he threw his knife. I closed my eyes and moved to the side.

All I remember is feeling a sharp pain shooting from my hand.

I opened my eyes slowly, first looking over to Miguel. His jaw was wide open, and Colin looked absolutely petrified. I watched as Miguel bit down on Collins shoulder, at first Colin screeched, and his face lost all its color, then his whole body fell limp.

I stared in disbelief. I was pulled back into reality when another sharp pain shot through my hand. I looked down at it. Something was definitely wrong. I lifted it to my face. "Please tell me this is a nightmare." I looked over to Miguel, then back to my hand. I could see him shake his head through the gap where my pinky should be.

"Oh my god." I felt like I was tipsy or like I was going to tip over. I looked down to the ground, where my bloody pinky lied. "Oh my god." Miguel grabbed me by my shoulders. "Y/N you'll be okay, we just need to get some help." I laughed, and looked up to Miguel. "This is all a dream." He tugged his mask off. "We need to get you back to your apartment." I stared at him. "It's a dream right?" He shook his head, and grabbed me by my shoulders to turn me around. "You're bleeding, we need to get you home."

Looks like Miguel bit your crazy ex, instead of you. I knew it was a good idea to change the name. In all seriousness thank you guys for all your love and support. I also think this book is pretty close to coming to an end.

If you enjoyed make sure to, vote, comment, and follow.