Part VI

Loki loved people's shock when they didn't understand illusions. He loved the confusion- the horror- all of it. He loved holding power over people. His preferred position was being above all.

The most powerful.

Edmunds face still reflected his surprise, his panic. He couldn't even begin to mask it- especially not from Loki. With a grin, he threw an arm around Edmund.

"Fear not my boy!" Edmund turned, looking into Lokis eyes as he spoke.

"I hold true to my previous statement that your family shall remain unharmed, and with enough fear, controlling the people with little to no bloodshed should be easy."

He attempted to sound believable.

Edmund tried to smile. "That's good. It's better than fighting, I guess."

The more they moved forward, the more cautious Edmund seemed to become. Loki eyed him, thinking. He was pretty confident that Edmund would assist him. He really did want this as Loki did. He just held more doubts, and he allowed himself to care.

Loki had let that go long ago, yet he could still, at times, feel it trying to surface. The want to listen to those he'd loved- to please them. Taking the life Loki wanted- deserved- was easier without such feelings. He could see just how much they affected decisions clearly now.

Poor Edmund. If he could just let his selfish ambitions rule, he might truly be free. Such as Loki was; free. Alone- getting this life meant losing everything you had before, everyone- but it gave freedom. Loki had hoped to give this freedom to Edmund, but that was becoming a bit more difficult as they went. Edmund was still trying to fight where Loki had given up.

With a bit more time, Loki was quite sure he could convince Edmund enough- that and the garuntee no one would come around that Edmund cared for and try to sway him back.

Loki wanted Edmund to rule his own life, but even more, he did enjoy controlling Edmund. He basically agreed with everything Loki said, and while Loki was being truthful about his feelings and his past, he might be using it to exploit Edmunds weakness just a bit. What better way than to appear vulnerable? To admit to similar feelings? To understand.

If Edmund chose to follow Loki, to join him, that was his own free will. Influenced choice, yes, but a free choice. Not forced. Loki could make Edmund do what he wanted- puppet and puppeteer. Some choices, once made,were impossible to go back on. If Loki got Edmund there, he wouldn't turn back.

He couldn't. Just like Loki.

This attempted takeover would be Edmunds test. He would prove just how committed to changing his life, his position, he really was. Edmund would have to choose his own path- even if Loki inspired him upon a certain one.

Loki sat back, still watching Edmund. Edmund seemed to be thinking, deciding. Lokis gaze wandered around the semi crowded streets of London. It really wasn't much to rule, a drab, grey city. Cold, miserable, and small. Almost unworthy of his time, and if not for Edmund, he would have moved on in search of something larger to rule immediately.

But Edmund was interesting, and this challenge was enjoyable. Even if his plans worked and they successfully took over, Loki didn't intend to stay much longer. He had goals, huge goals, way beyond Edmunds wildest imagination.

Edmund tossed a rock into the street below, mindlessly swinging his legs off the roof. Loki stretched, growing slightly bored. Suddenly, Edmund pulled his legs up beside him, pulling away from the edge. Loki, startled, quickly joined him.

"What was that about? Suddenly scared of heights?" Loki cocked his head.

Edmund shook his head, peering slightly off the building, remaining mostly out of sight. Loki drummed his fingers on the roof repetitively, curiously awaiting an explanation.

Edmund looked back at Loki, his face still showing glimmers of uncertainty and disbelief from Loki's earlier theatrics. Loki smiled widely to himself, the image of Edmunds face as he'd seen Loki's illusion had been wonderful. Tiny mortals had the most hilarious reactions.

"That's Peter." Edmund pointed.

Loki raised an eyebrow, mildly disinterested as he glanced down at the street again. He noticed, with a shiver, that beyond a young man- presumably Peter- there was an unhealthy amount of dirt, filth, and trash littering the road. And Loki had been down there, among it all.

Loki stared at his boots, seriously considering burning them when he left. That, was disgusting.

"Oh no!" Edmunds panicked voice arose, quite irritatingly, off to Lokis right. Loki looked up, concerned.

"He's on his way to walk me home from work!" Edmund bit his finger. "I'm not there!"

Loki nodded. Obviously. He waited, doing nothing. Edmund was pacing in a frenzied panic, and Loki found it amusing, simply watching, waiting. Edmund whirled, his dark eyes falling on Loki.

"It's your fault I'm here, not there. You should be helping me, what are you even doing!?"

Loki raised his eyebrows. Fascinating. Edmund's normal bit of fear seemed gone. In his anger, he seemed to have forgotten that he was afraid of Loki. His anger was blinding him, giving him power.

Loki allowed a chilling smile onto his face. This was good. This was the Edmund he wanted to see. Edmund's fury seemed to deepen as the sight of Lokis grin. He stalked to the edge of the roof, snarling.

"Fine. I have to go deal with this- with or without you."

Loki waved. If Edmund could have possibly gotten angrier, it was at that moment. Edmunds face was red as he climbed down, calling after Peter. Loki crouched above, waiting.

Edmund hurried down the street, yelling for Peter, agitated. He looked up at Loki, mouthing he would be back. Loki didn't give him the confirmation of a nod. He just stared. Edmund whirled away, finally reaching Peter.

Peter looked tall, strong, blonde, Loki rolled his eyes. The way he interacted with his brother, even from this far, looked perfect. Superior.

Loki scrunched his nose, but he couldn't pretend not to see the love in Peter's eyes, the care. The protectivness of his posture. The tiredness that surrounded him. Edmunds family did seem to love him. That was evident. Loki would try to ignore that fact. It was unnecessary and could prove problematic if it interfered with his plans for Edmund.

Loki couldn't hear the conversation, but he could see them arguing. He waited for Edmund to return, scheming, waiting. Loki was going to be sure Edmund chose his side- no matter what.

Overshadowed (Thor/Narnia Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें