03: Babysitter Talk

Averil's pov
I woke up body sore, I thought I would have a bruise on my back for how bad he threw me across the fridge but I was completely wrong.

It was my wrist that hurt pretty badly.. it was bruised. Good thing I have Kim because I have literally no idea of how to wrap bruises professional like her.

I looked at my bandage around my wrist as I slipped on my khaki colored shorts. It hurts.. I've never had such a bruise on my wrist.

I made my way to the kitchen to fix myself a cup of coffee before I began my daily routine.

I thought Dane would've been gone since I woke up a bit later but the door was opened and he was out side talking to.. Malachai??

I grabbed an apple and bit into it as I peeped my head out.

"Ah yes man! I love all of the movies youre in, ah! Its amazing how we live right across from the man who literally has his own show!" Dane spoke with interest. His tone was never this lively when it was just me and him.

Malachai eyes caught mine and I jerked back not daring to peep again until he mentioned my garden.

"I see you guys garden, its absolutely amazing." Malachai winked at me before his eyes trailed back to Dane's dark ones.

"Yes my lovely mate did all of it, he's an absolute plant freak.. he's amazing truly.."

Fake. Thats what his tone was.. fake!

I knew it mainly because I live with the man but of course Malachai had no reason to question him.. Unless Owen told him about what happened last night...

I licked my lips and ran into the kitchen to pack some more cookies, I can shush him with cookies. I tied the box with ribbon and clutched it under my arm.

I ran outside surprising Dane and Malachai.
"Oh this is Aver-"

I kissed Dane on the cheek and waved at Malachai before running across the street to knock on the door.

Owen answered again, he smiled an all teeth smile. "Good morning Owen! I brought more cookies for you and Bailey.. Uhm is it possible that we could talk about the babysitter thing?" I asked looking at my watch.

"Oh definitely honey!" He grabbed my wrist before letting go almost immediately.

"Uhm.. you're hurt, why is that?"

My heart dropped to my ass and before I could say anything Cassius came running down the stairs with Bailey in his arms, she was asleep.

"I smelled the cookies!" He snatched the box from my hands then quickly thanked me.

Owen rolled his eyes playfully and shifted his attention back to me. "Shall we talk in my art room?" I backed up not knowing what made me do so.

"About the Babysitting Averil?"

"Oh yea psh of course!" I smiled following him in his room. It was absolutely beautiful, art was everywhere.. It was a beautiful sight.

"I'm a artist, I'm the one who makes pieces for the museums and for celebrities." I nodded as I walked around the room taking in every piece that hanged on the wall.

"First off do you work?" My attention immediately went back to him. He offered me a chair and I sat down.

"No,I use to be a teacher for pre-k but I got fired." He stopped cleaning up his supplies and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"And how did you get fired?"

I looked down. "An alpha thought it was a good idea to touch me inappropriately so I shifted and bit him where the sun doesn't shine."