𝖳𝖶𝖮

𝖺𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗅 𝟣𝟣𝗍𝗁𝟯:𝟰𝟱 𝗣𝗠

𝖺𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗅 𝟣𝟣𝗍𝗁
𝟯:𝟰𝟱 𝗣𝗠

soleia had not seen her cousin in years and was not sure what to expect. she took a few more deep breaths to steel her nerves. she took a deep breath as she looked around the parking lot. she slowly unbuckled her seatbelt, and grabbed her car keys and phone before opening the car door. she stepped out, shutting the door behind her.

soleia took a deep breath as she walked towards the recording studio entrance. she paused for a moment, gathering her courage, before she reached out and opened the door.

as she walked, she noticed the walls were adorned with pictures of famous recording artists and producers who had recorded at the studio. she paused for a moment to take it all in before continuing down the hallway. as she walked, she could hear the faint sound of music coming from the studios. finally, she found the studio she was looking for.

she walked past the clerk's desk, she walked down the hallway following the direction diamontè had given her to find the studio she was in. she arrived at the door of the studio and knocked softly. a voice called out for her to come in. she opened the door and stepped inside the studio. the walls were lined with various pieces of equipment and the floor was covered with a thick layer of padding. in the center of the room was a large desk with a chair in front of it. diamontè was sitting in the chair, waiting for her.

she nervously chewed on her bottom lip as she pulled at the strings of her hoodie, her eyes darting around the room. she twisted the fabric of her sleeves between her fingers, her breathing becoming shallow. she was anxious and uncomfortable.

"hey... trini," diamontè said as she stood up from the spinning chair but the mixing board. diamontè was taken aback when soleia showed up as planned. she knew that soleia often made plans with her, chole, and halle, but then she would cancel them at the last minute just to be around jeremiah. this was the first time that soleia had kept a commitment and it was a pleasant surprise.

"hi dia," soleia said, waving awkwardly at her cousin. the tension between the two was palpable as they stood in the room, the awkward silence growing thicker with every passing moment. they hadn't seen each other in years, and it seemed like neither of them knew what to say. finally, one of them mustered up the courage to break the silence, but the words never left their lips.

diamontè broke the silence, "i need help with coming up with the words that fit the melody to make the song complete," diamontè continued. "any ideas?"

"can you play the beat." soleia asked. diamontè nodded her head moving to the soundboard and messing with a few buttons, she played, as the beat started playing.

soleia closed her eyes as she listened to the beat, nodding her head to the catchy, upbeat, bouncy, and playful beat. she could feel her heart beating in time with the music, and her body began to sway to the rhythm. a smile spread across her face as she opened her eyes and began to mumble lyrics over the beat.